LArger RM pic

richard100t

Gorgeous!

Wanna trade?

V11SportTTmodII.gif

:P

45259[/snapback]

...ahhh, the Frankenbike LIVES :nerd:

At some point Carl, you'll have to give us a final rundown of all the mongrel genes that it took to get that "rare, limited edition" V11 Sport back together :thumbsup:

al

45239[/snapback]

You must remove ugly orange things from the calipers!

if your local police complains, explain to them that the

removal was order by the "European Union Fashion Police"

45327[/snapback]

No worries- they'll come off on their own shortly.

...ahhh, the Frankenbike LIVES  :nerd:

At some point Carl, you'll have to give us a final rundown of all the mongrel genes that it took to get that "rare, limited edition" V11 Sport back together  :thumbsup:

al

45271[/snapback]

It lives all right, but the top part of the gasket on the timing cover either slipped, tore or is the wrong (?) one, so there's a gap at the top. Who knew the timing chain could throw so much oil through such a small gap? At any rate, that's the last "known" problem which I hope to resolve this week and then proceed (yet again) with the formal shake down period. I will admit that the larger rake of the 1996 frame feels weird on this bike. It ought to feel just like the Sport 1100i, but it doesn't. I'll have to take some wheelbase and rear ride height measurements and compare those with the Sport 1100i to see if fitting the six speed transmission into the earlier frame is the difference. Or it could be that this frame is even shorter than the early V11 Sport ones, but that's doubtful.

45327[/snapback]

Ah yes...very good idea now that you mention it. I never noticed that before. The police dont worry about that stuff here.

Beautiful weather here today :!: I just put a hundred miles on the bike. It now has about 800 miles on it. The bike is getting smoother/quieter better. I'm starting to get the :mg: thing :!: Now I'm getting the fever lol I want a Maund seat, Mistral pipes, or Termi's if I can afford em. I neeeed these chrome rims with anodized spokes the same red as my tank. That & a few other things & I'll be set lol. Btw I ordered a Dainese TH1 leather jacket, anyone have any experience with dainese jackets? They seem like the best so thats what I got. Oh I also got these Icon TiMax gloves & they are very nice....lots of titanium plates on the knuckles. I call em my Darth Vader gloves :thumbsup:

Sounds like a  case of the dread Guzzi infection. You need one of these...

www.milineusa.com[/url]

This model not available:

ME-V11-1.jpg

45404[/snapback]

Crap, I had ordered it with the model specified!! :huh2: