Air box wire

richard100t

Tuck it underneath and out of the way. That's the plug for the electric fuel solenoid valve which your bike no longer has. It is on a separate fuse, but don't be tempted to use it to power an electric vest or driving light or anything of that sort. That plug is powered off of the clutch interlock switch which is not a high current circuit.

Tuck it underneath and out of the way. That's the plug for the electric fuel solenoid valve which your bike no longer has. It is on a separate fuse, but don't be tempted to use it to power an electric vest or driving light or anything of that sort. That plug is powered off of the clutch interlock switch which is not a high current circuit.

45258[/snapback]

I am pretty sure it is not powered off of the clutch switch.

It is however powered through the neutral/kickstand relay, kickstand switch, kill switch and ignition switch.

So, if you start toasting all of those switches by running too many amps, you will be in for a 'world of pain' :nerd:

There is probably an air temperature switch dangling under the tank somewhere. I would just aim it roughly in the direction of the pod air filters.

Whoever removed the airbox should also have done something with your oil breather line.

You might want to find out where they put it.

Where are people putting the breather line?

Just letting it drip unto the top of the engine?

I guess so? I mean I didn't think about that one I just yanked the hose out. oh well at least I wash it alot. ya know these bikes have a lot of quirks to work out. more than I a reckoned. :angry: but I still think its worth it if it goes 100k more than I can say for a whole lotta bikes. :thumbsup:

I extended and ran my vent line down under the bike.

The air-temp sensor is lashed near the pods, protected by bolting it into a trimmed plastic film cannister bottom. There is a photo posted in this thread: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...=2161&hl=sensor

al

There is probably an air temperature switch dangling under the tank somewhere. I would just aim it roughly in the direction of the pod air filters.

Whoever removed the airbox should also have done something with your oil breather line.

You might want to find out where they put it.

Where are people putting the breather line?

Just letting it drip unto the top of the engine?

45275[/snapback]

I removed the airbox myself lol. However I did it in the dark with a flashlight :nerd: so it was a little hard to see by the time I was done. I know there is an oil breather tube, but I dont know where it is. I guess I'll go out today & have a better look at it in the daylight. Its going to be about 45 degrees. Woohoo what a heatwave :!:

I am pretty sure it is not powered off of the clutch switch.

It is however powered through the neutral/kickstand relay, kickstand switch, kill switch and ignition switch.

So, if you start toasting all of those switches by running too many amps, you will be in for a 'world of pain' :nerd:

45272[/snapback]

Oh crap! You're right. I looked at the wrong side of the kill switch on the diagram. The fuel solenoid is fed by Fuse 8 which is in turn fed directly off of the engine RUN/OFF switch and back through all of that other stuff.

"Snatching defeat from the jaws of Victory, our ambi-klutztrous, digitally dyslexic anti-hero attempts to leap the curb in a single bound! And falls flat on his face <_ i hate it when that happens...>

Carl, it is, however, a great place to take the triggering signal for the relay that WILL feed the vest or hand-grip heaters. I'm quite sure this was what ya meant, anyway! :drink:

after reading all this its not exactly what I wanted to hear, I may have to take my tank off, Again in order to run the oil breather and put the air sensor in a good place. dang it. anyway this bike seems to much more simplistic in parts but yet for some reason so much harder to work on than my previous bike :huh2: dunno suzukis must be cake.

damn luigi :luigi:

I've put my transmission back in twice in the last month. The gas tank is pretty trivial after that exercise. It's pretty trivial anyway. If you want misery, change the fuel filter on a 97 California. It takes me FOUR hours! Same job takes 20 minutes on the V11 Sport.

.... yeah, I guess it just takes practice, but working on the MG is certainly no harder than working on my old FJ or Seca... and probably actually easier :huh2:

I can get the tank off the LeMans in about a minute and a half :bike:

I think you'll find that over time, the V11 is very easy to work on, as many of the parts are "big and clunky" like an erector set :D

al

I'm sure I'll enjoy working on the bike in the near future when it warms up & I get a proper stand for it. Working in the dark when its 12 degrees out just isnt pleasant. Anyway the bike runs like a top :bike: even the bar grips arent too bad. I'm taking it in for its 1000 mile service soon. I'm going to ask them to check it for grease as I've heard Luigi doesnt believe in it in Mandello. Anything else major to see into for the break in service that I should look into?