new PVM wheels on ebay

gthyni

......sooooooooooo much money, soooooooooooooooooo much money  :(

I would avoid the OZ wheels myself, as they don't incorporate a cush-drive.

al

45774[/snapback]

Naah, You just have to be very, very smooth with the clutch :D

Mike

......sooooooooooo much money, soooooooooooooooooo much money  :(

I would avoid the OZ wheels myself, as they don't incorporate a cush-drive.

al

Hmm, are you sure?

I seem to remember that Paul said that but later reversed that...

Paul?

JM, hope you see this,

how much did you pay for the 10-spoke-PVMs?

The 20-spokes get a little too busy IMHO:

pvm20sp220.jpg

These PVMs are nice too:

1-schmiede.jpg

the OZ from G&B have no cush drive, the mgs01 wheels do have them. Maybe you can order these, the partslist is available, so the numbers are known.

There was a guy offering new wheels from pvm for arround 1200 euro on ebay, he said the he could get any wheel new. Will only add some euro's for the guzzi rear.

The brake disks on the 20 sp wheel are the same as mine:-)

pvmdisks1_small.jpg

Spring is approaching even up north,

still a month or so before we can expect to go on

our first ride of the season.

This means we get a little (spending-)crazy.

I'll mail the Guzziladen guy and check out what

he can offer. Däs and/or Dynotec was supplying

PVMs for Guzzis too AFAIK.

They were for a long time at deas mototec in the sales. I think they are not very light. 

From pvm site:

weights of all wheel types are approximately the same, front: 3.5x17" = 5 kg, 6x17" = 8.5 kg

45765[/snapback]

And how that weight translate in compartion with the factory ones i.e. these marchesinis that the Sport1100i or the DaytonaRS's have?

How lighter are they?

Guzziladen do not supply new PVMs.

Däs mototec does:

763.jpg

763z1.jpg

€ 2170.30 for just the wheels

€ 2593.-- including to small rear brake on the 1st picture

nice but not cheap :huh2:

And how that weight translate in compartion with the factory ones i.e. these marchesinis that the Sport1100i or the DaytonaRS's have?

How lighter are they?

I didnt do bare wheel compasison, beacuse what is bare, including spacers, bearings or not?

I compared the v11 le mans wheels I had, with the 5 spoke PVM, front is 1.5 kg lighter, rear 5 , this is including tyre and brakedisks, just as you take the wheel out. The v11 5.5"rear is 18 KG, PVM 13 KG your rearwheel, beacuse 4.5 " is a bit lighter, front is the same. The difference is bigger than I thought it would be, correcting in a corner at speed is much easier. The weights from the PVM website aren't correct for guzzi wheels, because the rear cush makes it heavier. Also there is an extra cost for the cush drive( 300euro, if I remember), so don't compare 1:1 non guzzi pvm wheels in price.

Keep looking at these things for my carbed 1100 sport mainly because getting soft rubber for the 18inch rear is very difficult to say the least. The current rear (factory fit brembo??) doesn't have a cush drive so that I'm not so worried about. What more concerns me is most of the after market rims are at least 5 inch and usually 5.5 to 6. The current one is 4.5 takes a 160 tyre quiet nicely and I really like the way it turns so I'm not real keen to go massively wider.

Apart from bolts ons like exhaust and carbs the motor is stock (I'll probally wait till I wear it out before doing any engine work 92 000kms so far) so its not like I have to get 100's of hp to the gorund.

So what can you fit to the older sport/daytona swing arms and how much work is involved?