getting bike ready

Paul Minnaert

Before everything this bike is far different from a g&b supertwin.  4 v engine 1225 cc with around 135 HP

Only few percent left from what is a supertwin, some part of the fairing , not all the frame, and even now the swing arm is going to be reinforced so different from original one.

This bike is absolutely amazing for a guzzi powered bikes. Handling is a million kilometers from my daytona rs.

I leave in the Alps and drive with friends with 996-998-999 without trouble and still surprise them each times.

It took me hundred of working hours to do it but it is absolutely unique.

Since the picture has been taken a lot of things have changed : Ohlins rear modified by Ohlins for me, exhaust modified too, fairing modified for a unique special hand made alumium tank ...

All thse sound superspecial and look just about the same,Having the ability to find parts and even sell them save lot's of the original costs.Yes this is a clue on having a project bike and don't cost you a fortune.What I am more surprised is that complementing and changing parts on one ready for sale bike create another with equally or better handling.It all is a combination of good to best quality parts,all put together and make a whole new bike.I don't quite understand it because if I made a bike myself I would have to sit down and mathematecally calculate to prove to my self what is there and why.

Definatelly making your own bike is more fun....hmm ...errr.. I mean you learn about it much more (therfore can possible repairs are easier due to knowlege)than anything else.That's also a plus on driving it and ajusting it as well..Definatelly you know what you are riding

Furthemore I can't ask how much a bike like this cost you (excluding personal work-only parts) because of the nature of getting parts and the time period that is being done.But I have as well undestood that someone will need all the parts composing a bike :i.e. Frame, wheels ,suspension(s),brakes, motor,swingarm,electrics,exaust,tank,fairing and all the other "dress" of the bike, and start :luigi: right?

I guess ,I will have to make my calculations :nerd: and perhaps start my own too. :luigi:

Do you guys have any videos available with these bikes? II have downloaded one from your Frensh site but it's only static.

I have made some with my Corsa mostly on board and I am planning to produce sometime a nice one with music and sport to supersport riding :race: in magestic scenery around Europe. Possible to to track time too.I am also planing to visit east north east Frensh alps latter this Summer.

Having seen and said all, now I'll have to take five now....and take care :food: of my 11...where is my Auto Glym polishing cream?... :unsure:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks better now. I guess that tank needs a bit paint-finish....

..What have I remembered now when last year I have added a couple of clear doat layers on my tank for extra protection.Well actually the paint was not touched at all.

I guess that tank needs a bit paint-finish

this tank is going to be shorthend, 5 cm at the back, if you look good, you see a small line, the cutoff point. The original tank still has its original paint after 11 years.

I have to get used to the mudgard, looks so big, still thinking of painting it red.

picture from the top:

46863[/snapback]

Ohh :food: that's right , I am definatelly thinking in getting this cockpit from Daes-Guzzi I want to have an oil temp in

And I am a big fan of these analoge instruments,Great choice there :thumbsup: .Hey Paul can you tell me a couple of times or more that the oil temp can be a very useful instrument? (I believe it is and I have my reasons,but there are ppl that consist I don't need this in a Guzzi :bbblll: )

Hmmmm... I begin to like your bike more :food: , do you sell it? :doh::D:D .....

.....Just kidding of course. :grin:

Hey Paul can you tell me a couple of times or more that the oil temp can be a very useful instrument? (I believe it is and I have my reasons,but there are ppl that consist I don't need this in a Guzzi  :bbblll: )

i could tell it too.

I got since 2 years on Miss Dayto & it is usefull.

One : for waiting enough long before riding hard.

two : when it is hot uring the summer.

so now just to order :grin:

I think it's usefull, only when you know the temperature, you sometimes worry, when you don't know, you don't worry:-)

But I think I sell the deas carbon thing, when I have my MS injection so wait a little

46876[/snapback]

Thanks Zeb....In which tempratures do you dash and when should one start being causious. Have you noticed differences in the way the temp raises -fails between

different oil ,types (sae or brands) and what are your conclusions, reports?(Zeb.- Paul?)

Thanks Paul, give me a call when you're ready.

I almost forgot . Cutting this perticular tank at the marked point ,the design of it will be aesthetically diminished (more or less),depends also on the changes of the rest "dress" to be done.My :2c: on 30yrs of painting experience.

Thanks

So today I had my first ride on the bike again. Because the brake pads have to wear in on the disks, I can't say much about braking.

This looks better :thumbsup::thumbsup: , now we're talking.Don't tell me that you 've already finished painting the tank. ?(O.K..I guess this is the other side)

All the best further enjoyment with your bike Paul :race:

P.S> If I guess right and this is a Dayto. frame? How did you compentsate the height loss (of the back side of bike) when using a lower profile back tyre Paul?

Guest mathieuguzzi

Hi Paul,

Nice bike... I think I prefer the classic look of this exhaust to the G&B unit. (btw Daes now offers a new 50mm exhaust, ultra light).

Have you given up with the GB or are you tuning it for better performance (I seem to recall that zebulon found that he lost about 10 hp with the GB) ?

Mathieu

this is(was) a daytona frame, at the back going from 18>17"only makes 15 mm dif. But since the swingarm lenght, pivotpoint, rearshock lenght are changed, nothing is like it was. This is another tank, the original one.

47026[/snapback]

Mathieu, my exhaust isn't a G&B unit. It's custom made. But it's to much noise for the street. Measured at 103 db where 92 is allowed. I like the look from the under gearbox exhaust alot. I cleans up the rear a lot. So in the end I will have a street ( almost) legal working one.