getting bike ready

Paul Minnaert

Next weekend, I will be heading to southern France with Jaap. We will be driving circles on the Ledenon track. Almost all things planed are late, but it seems that it well be running on time. The calipers from ISR are to late, so I had to put the brembo's on, and for that change wheelhus, so brembodisks can fit. And a lot of things more to solve.

triple12.jpg

triple13.jpg

DSC02300__Medium_.JPG

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to you both, I wish I could be riding but I'll have to wait untill next week or so. I went to see my dealer and my engine had finally returned from the importer after the warranty engine repaint job. The bike will be ready and dynoed in one/two week's time or so, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Oh, by the way, while the engine was pulled out of the frame I also had the pork chops glass blasted and repainted in black. It may be a bit "black-in-black" as the Scura is also matte black but I have some ideas of a new colour scheme (next season), maybe something like the Marcus Waltz Hardcore Le Mans:

bild1.jpgbild2.jpg

bild4.jpg

Stay on the road, you lucky, mc-riding bastards! :D

Søren

PS: Very nice tripple trees, Poul!

Edited by tikkanen

:food: Like those triple clamp Paul

They are a little different from mine :grin:

The fork seems lighter than my 999 R

I will fit the aprilia fork like your to fit on the Guzzila racing frame.

I have ordered the guzzilla alumium swing arm, moto spezial unit and special wire loop.

So for the 2006 project will only miss the front fairing & tank.

i have a 52 mm up akrapovic exhaust like on this bike with carbon kevlar airbox & Honda 500 NSR seat.

guzzilla2Va.jpg

So it will be a good sister to the other 4v guzzis in the garage :food:

But i have to found money to do a third bg bore guzzi engine. I will finish first the cycle part & after i will work on the engine.

he could have been an idea but i already have bought a Daytona RS helicoidal gearbox with the drive haft from Sport ie (same like daytona rs)

The swing arm is the last from Dynotec so the longuest one like your idea a 1440 mm wheel base :cheese:

But still too long regarding the supertwin with 1405 mm :grin:

guzzilla2Va.jpg

Great a "Guzzila" with 2Vave engine :food: Have not seen that B4

Well hi, since I see there you guys have some experienece on making custom bikes , there I have to ask you a couple of questions.Well I was thinking on making sth custom(next year) but I don't know where to start?Or where should I start.

Well of course I can go to the Dynotec (last year was there and saw the "facts")

and order one but this costs ....cough..cough...s**t...cough...cough...cough)

Or go to Ghezzi Brian and order sth?? (Here I don't know how much ...cough..cough...I'd have to go for..since I was not being there yet.),Any clues?

The other idea is to get a normal 1100Sport and start changing things here and there and tune it,what do you suggest (if you have some time to bear me and write a couple of lines i'd really thank you)What is important to change (i.e. on chasis, or wherever)? :huh2: Or how can I minimise the costs and do only what is necessary? :huh2: . I like the looks :food: of Paul 's bike or sth like the MGS1:food: chasis-look is also of what I am thinking of :grin: (whith a 2Valve engine ). You don't have to write everything analytical(except if you like to -no problem) but some info to get a clue.

Thank you :helmet:

P.S. What about this Ghezzi Brian ,zebulon? :mg: how is the handling compared to another machine? i.e. a 999 ? :huh:

Alex,

Jens raced the 2V some years ago, because he got sponsored by the german Guzzi distributor, they told him: we don't sell 4V engines, so you should drive 2V engine.

The question where to start? Depends on where you want to end:-) And the money. Decide what the endgoal should be, then start buying accident bikes that have the right parts, sell what you don't need, that makes it a lot cheaper. 2 years ago I bought a v11 le mans, took what I needed, and sold the rest. I earned money on that deal, the parts were free to me in the end! After that was done, I started swapping pieces against more expensive ones. That's not for free:-( The bike is finished in that. I will still be changing things, but more to clean up things.

Next is a new tank, with build in pump& filter.

Mounting the moto spezial ecu with new wireloop.

Alex,

The question where to start? Depends on where you want to end:-) And the money. Decide what the endgoal should be, then start buying accident bikes that have the right parts, sell what you don't need, that makes it a lot cheaper. 2 years ago I bought a v11 le mans, took what I needed, and sold the rest.

Thanks Paul.Well yes I start to understand, from someone that has some experience on the subject.I know what to have as a target I just balance my thinking on getting a stock sport and only tune it for good or just start taking parts or go for ordering chasis and build myself the rest (with my mechanicer help? :luigi: ). And money can be a problem sometimes when something is overpriced and or I can't appreciate it (for it's price) :P or find some acceptable to me reasons of why should cost it so. :P

I see you have some triple clamps made ,like of CNC machining, I was used to design and cut on a Datron M1 CNC machine(i think M1) before a couple of years. You can actually do (cut) anything you can imagine (with the "right" program and work on it) I have this program and doodle some times, if you need anything just ring the bell.

P.S.

Next is a new tank, with build in pump& filter

That's sound interesting. Is this custom made on any tank? or only ready for sale ones?

They are a little different from mine  :grin:

The fork seems lighter than my 999 R

I will fit the aprilia fork like your to fit on the Guzzila racing frame.

I have ordered the guzzilla alumium swing arm, moto spezial unit and special wire loop.

So for the 2006 project will only miss the front fairing & tank.

i have a 52 mm up akrapovic exhaust like on this bike with carbon kevlar airbox & Honda 500 NSR seat.

So it will be a good sister to the other 4v guzzis in the garage  :food:

But i have to found money to do a third bg bore guzzi engine. I will finish first the cycle part & after i will work on the engine.

46629[/snapback]

How the hell can you guys afford all these gadgets? Are you robbing banks in your sparetime? :D Must cost you a fortune but as Paul states one way to do it is to start at the local dealer finding wrecked bikes.

That Alu-Sauer swing arm is soooo lovely, wonder how much it will set you back? guzstreet10d.jpg

Duc 999R, Supertwin 4 valve and a new 2006 project...... :thumbsup:

I bought some crashed guzzi's, repair them and sold it.

I am the webmaster of a dedicated guzzi ads website so i have the chance to know every parts that are for sale in France !

Like this i could pay my gadgets and i never bought something full price

Only few exceptions for the Moto Spezial unit for the supertwin, the PVM wheels for the daytona RS.

I always bought things around half the price.

Like for my 2 set of ohlins fork with radial calipers.

To give you an idea i payed 1500 EUR for the ohlins fork with triple clamp + Brembo radial brakes with new pads + Brembo Radial Master cylinder + brake lines + carbon frontguard.

This around 35 % of the price new :cheese:

And like Paul i build a lot of special parts by myself with some friends that are billet alumium working guys.

P.S. What about this Ghezzi Brian ,zebulon? :mg: how is the handling compared to another machine? i.e. a 999 ? :huh:

46638[/snapback]

Before everything this bike is far different from a g&b supertwin. 4 v engine 1225 cc with around 135 HP

Only few percent left from what is a supertwin, some part of the fairing , not all the frame, and even now the swing arm is going to be reinforced so different from original one.

This bike is absolutely amazing for a guzzi powered bikes. Handling is a million kilometers from my daytona rs.

I leave in the Alps and drive with friends with 996-998-999 without trouble and still surprise them each times.

It took me hundred of working hours to do it but it is absolutely unique.

Since the picture has been taken a lot of things have changed : Ohlins rear modified by Ohlins for me, exhaust modified too, fairing modified for a unique special hand made alumium tank ...

caferacer2.jpg

I bought some crashed guzzi's, repair them and sold it.

I am the webmaster of a dedicated guzzi ads website so i have the chance to know every parts that are for sale in France !

So that's how you bastards do it! :homer::grin:

Look, I really admire what you youngsters are doing, it's great to know there are still people who have enough faith and belief in the product of a small companny in Mandello that they're willing to go to this much trouble. I dips me lid! I really do. I think that all of these creations are lovely, (Why I can't warm to the MGS01 I dunno, it just seems ugly to me and there's no point in having the fastest Guzzi on the block if it's as ugly as a hat full of farty arseholes, you'll still get your arse reamed by a decent kid on a 600 supersport from Japan but you can beat them every time on style, looks and panache!!!)

I like the Guzzila a lot. Bags of class there. I still drool every time i see Paul's bike though, I hate the Quat-D muffler, (Or whatever it's called but the rest of it just sends shivers up my arthritic spine!!!!!

Have fun boys, and try not to bin it too early :drink:

Pete