Scottish Rally

Is anyone going to the Scottish Rally on the Isle Of Bute which is being held 29th April to 2nd May?

I went last year and it was an excellent bash- nice little island, some good pubs and very cheap beer in the club house.

Guy

No, I'm lined up for the:

First Erin - Ireland 10-12 June

V11 and Buel highland fling 15 -17 July

And the GMG at Mandello 16-18 September (can't find the thread)

Throw in the BMF and NEC shows, and a few day trips out to hit the Round Britain Rally I don't think I could make any more without risk of a divorce which would mean I'd have to sell the Guzzi :o

Won't it be a bit cold, but not as cold as the elephenten?

Cold? I have been badly sunburned at 2 out of the last 3 Scottish rallies!

It is normally good weather but I always take my arctic sleeping bag just in case!

I'd like to go to the Irish rally but I think we will be heading to Boxmeer instead, which is the weekend afterwards.

Guy

Guy, I'll be in Boxmeer on Saturday. Maybe we can meet? You'll probably find me looking at V11's or Daytona's :) I bet a few other members will show up there too.

46487[/snapback]

That will be good Jaap- I'll buy you a beer! :bier:

See you then

Guy

Unless the ferry sinks I'll be there, and as Guzzirider pointed out it is possible to get sunburnt in Scotland in early May (ok, and also possible to get trenchfoot as happened a couple of years ago :grin: ).

I'm sure it'll be a great do (it always is), whatever the weather. :drink::bike:

Mal :helmet:

• 1 month later...

The Scottish Rally turned out once again to be a good bash on the Isle Of Bute.

About 20 of us from the MGCGB Pennine Branch made the journey across the border to enjoy the usual riding, drinking, dancing and falling over.

A fair few V11s there including Mal (with his friends from the Netherlands), Helen and myself. Nice Magni Sfida plus a few 4 valvers as well.

Plenty of traditional Scottish rain too which forced us to spend Sunday afternoon in the clubhouse watching Rossi in the rain.

A few pics: