Laser swingarm alignment

Guest ratchethack

Guest ratchethack
Just got done pulling the swing arm, among other bits, to be ready for the summer. Guess what? Measurement of the pins showed they were both set to the same depth (.138, taken with a depth mic), and the bike was originally serviced by Fast by Ferracci. I never had any handling issues, so it will be interesting to see where I end up after I align the swing arm when I put it back. :notworthy::mg::wub:

I reckon you'd likely have to have it pretty far out o' whack before you'd actually notice "handling issues". Looks like FBF did the usual (blind) re-install, trusting in the Luigis' accuracy on the old frame jig with the mfg. of the chassis.

Ever notice a chain-driver riding around leaving 2 distinct tire tracks, the rear not quite covering the front? Yes I have, more than a few times. Now that's gotta be . . .umm, interesting approaching the limits of ground clearance in the twisties. . . :whistle:

The more accurate the merrier, I say -- and why not, when it's so quick & easy to get it spot-on?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that's a good idea, txrider. You should send it on to Greg Field for his 'tips' column in the MGNCO newsletter.

Actually, Ratchethack, you should send your writeup in as well. I'm sure lot's of folks would benefit from it- Tonti riders, spine and loopframes all use the same basic setup.

Jason

Can't wait to see where this goes. :whistle:

Guest ratchethack
Can't wait to see where this goes. :whistle:

Hasn't gone all that far in over 4 yrs. :P

Actually, back in '05, Greg had originally posted here that he liked the idea. But somehow, that post appears to've winged its way out the nearest open window somewhere in or around the latter throes o' the infamous (and recently retired) Great Wallopping Head Temp Sensor Clusterfarge/Driveshaft Group Dork Wrap Contest. :rolleyes:

Funny how easily -- and how completely -- all pretense of objectivity (even the historical record) can evaporate over time, innit? ;)

Hasn't gone all that far in over 4 yrs. :P

Actually, back in '05, Greg had originally posted here that he liked the idea. But somehow, that post appears to've winged its way out the nearest open window somewhere in or around the latter throes o' the infamous (and recently retired) Great Wallopping Head Temp Sensor Clusterfarge/Driveshaft Group Dork Wrap Contest. :rolleyes:

Funny how easily -- and how completely -- all pretense of objectivity (even the historical record) can evaporate over time, innit? ;)

Are you accusing me of deleting a post? If not, WTF are you saying. For once, say it directly and succinctly, rather than babbling like a demented goat.

Guest ratchethack
Are you accusing me of deleting a post? If not, WTF are you saying. For once, say it directly and succinctly, rather than babbling like a demented goat.

Why Greg -- I b'lieve I've been as direct, honest and straightforward as It's possible to be here. ^_^

Wotever seems to be either less than succinct, babbling, or demented about anything I've posted?

Are you now denying that you've deleted your only previous post in this thread?

Or perhaps you've given someone else your login ID?

Are you "Calling me Out?"

If so, consider:

All the saved archives from '05, '06, '07, and '08 know for sure. . . And both you and Yours Truly, of course. ;)

Guest ratchethack

It's the sound of deviant obsession and blatant, pervasive mendacity -- and it sure as hell ain't me. . . :rolleyes:

. . .as anyone who remembers, the backup records, and you and I all well know. ;)

It's the sound of deviant obsession and blatant, pervasive mendacity -- and it sure as hell ain't me. . . :rolleyes:

. . .as anyone who remembers, the backup records, and you and I all well know. ;)

Prove it or retract the cowardly accusation.

I'm not denying I said anything about the laser method. I'm denying that I deleted that or any other post. Prove it or apologize. Or slink off into ignominy and near-perfect irrelevance.

I'm not denying I said anything about the laser method. I'm denying that I deleted that or any other post. Prove it or apologize. Or slink off into ignominy and near-perfect irrelevance.

If it's any consolation Greg, he has long ago reached those areas a long time ago in my reality.

Nothing like an overactive and venemous ego to make me shut off :P

Oh boy... :o

I have some database backups of that period, but don't think for a minute I'll be wading through all those records!

FWIW: Greg didn't delete any of his posts in almost a year. That's a fact I could find in the administration quite easily.

Guest ratchethack

So you admit saying something [positive] about the laser alignment method, yet not in this thread?

Let me see if I've got this straight. On another recent thread (subsequently "retired"), you repeatedly spewed ridicule and made false accusations that I made a statement I never made in that thread or anywhere else. When I challenged you on it, you couldn't back up your accusation. There was a case where my intent with what I said was repeatedly made as clear as it could posssibly be, based on the original, unadulterated record, and your accusation was exposed as false as it could have been based on the same record.

And now you demand an apology from me for making a statement that is wholly true WRT the intent of what you actually posted (as you and I, and all who remember both know), if not exact WRT particulars as to where your statement was made?

Pretty weasely, don't you think, Greg?

We speak different languages. What you accused me of was deleting posts. What I denied was deleting posts. Prove it or retract it. Or keep slinking off in ignominy. Remember, you have the archive posts to prove that I deleted posts. Prove it.