Two bikes for the price of one

Mike Stewart

http://www.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/65080858.html

Humm, the price is right and I need a bike to do a track day coming up. I think the G B could fit the bill. :grin: Anyone want to buy the V11 Sport for $7000 and I will pay the remainder of $8000 for the GB :thumbsup: Or, I should buy both of them and put the V11 Sport engine into the G B :P

Mike

It is a good price for the supertwin with such few miles even if it is one of the really first produced : small airbox frame- black engine (we arealdy speak a lot about the painting problems) . :2c:

But when you know new price if you have money just go (and with the actual poor $ conversion i think the new price should have rise a lot)

In Europe between 17 & 19 000 EUR depending of the release (ohlins or not, folgore options) so if you count the $ conversion it is around 21500 & 23750 US $ :huh2:

If I had the dough I wouln't hesitate buying them both. That's a real bargain.

Søren

Price sounds like a bargain to me.

If I was in the US I would buy the GB , and the GB is a good one for this price even as sold sepperate.

But getting this over here in Europe will cost as much if not more than a new GB..damn!.....c021.gif

t)

In Europe between 17 & 19 000 EUR depending of the release (ohlins or not, folgore options)

46945[/snapback]

The current UK dealer Motori Di Marino is trying to sell new Supertwins (basic model) for £14500 which equates to 20880 euros.

I think it may be cheaper to hop on a ferry to Europe and but one over there.

I wonder how much the factory charges if you buy a bike directly from them?

I just love the Folgore in black with gold OZ wheels and Ohlins.

Guy

http://www.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/65080858.html

Humm, the price is right and I need a bike to do a track day coming up.  I think the G B could fit the bill. :grin:  Anyone want to buy the V11 Sport for $7000 and I will pay the remainder of $8000 for the GB  :thumbsup: Or, I should buy both of them and put the V11 Sport engine into the G B  :P

Mike

46929[/snapback]

Your offer sounds suspiciously like a "Nigerian Scheme" .... can you prove you are really Mike Stewart? :P

:rolleyes:

maybe it's just my nature :D  but I'd bet a Wendy's bowl of chilli that something's wrong here!  It would be worth checking it out in person though!

46958[/snapback]

...hey, funny you mention that. Someone just found a HUMAN FINGER in their bowl of Wendy's Chili here in San Jose yesterday. It was all over the news... very very weird.

<_>

Yep, human bits in meaty soup, sold in millions of cups = cha-ching, NATIONAL NEWS!

Great deal on the bikes, looks like a speculative investment opportunity with some fun to boot.

Ya' wanna know why it's too good to be true? Because it probably is....this Supertwin is in California and was sold by Britalia motors which means it has a "pink" tag which is not

I repeat, NOT street legal for California. This is not mentioned in the ad but I bet a phone call would clear that up! It's called "race only". The only street legal Supertwins were sold by the importer, here in Texas due to Texas DOT laws(we can get around anything) :thumbsup:

A few guys here have made them street legal I've heard, but I don't know the details *shrug*

Question: If it was sold in the South Bay, wouldn't it have been sold new by someone like Moto Italiano(who had a SuperTwin for a while), the Moto Guzzi dealer, as opposed to Britalia in Santa Cruz, who before MI bought them about a year ago, were not a MG dealer?? :huh2:

I understand G&B are not MG, but....

al