Check this comparo

staedtler

Lambo vs Duc

I say BS... :moon: you could shed at least a couple of seconds on that lambo..

since the comparo was made by a car oriented show.. they're not about to

make their top dog look bad...

actually...to make the comparo fair, they should pair their top car with a top bike, like a ZX-10, or a Gixxer...see how much they fudge that!

On the other side of that the Lambo is light, huge engine, and AWD traction for superb takeoff huuggggeeee brakes and sweet cornering , HAHA he called it a Gay-lardo :lol: , The Duc obviously wins but it didn't seem like his knee downs were all that far down like he could have pushed the bike a little harder :race: . The GP races I've seen the riders just ride out the wheelies as a part of the game but the rider on this demo almost seemed scared of them maybe the Duc isn't as stable somehow? and if you span the race out over 3 laps or more then the Gay-Lardo would be smoooooked. :helmet:

of course...that's what i mean...

the dude riding that 999 is not pushing it... :bbblll: they don't wan't the car to look bad!

he should be able to smoke his ass easy. if you can't do that with a 2-1 ratio advantage, you're probably paid off... :whistle:

I have a test of the German Motorrad magazine 23/2004 (22-Oct-2004)

with a MV Augusta 1000 Vs a Lamborgini Gallardo at the Nurburgring GP track.

Measuring best times 2.13.55 For the Augusta and 2.23.45 For the Lambo.

Well actually the same or about so it would be the difference if a 999s or R was inside this track.Depends on the driver too but that's supposed with professional sport drivers.For let's say a more official point.

And something I forgot.In the above test from that quite objective magazine the Lambo was better on incorner speed at about 3 to 6% but failed on acceleration compared to tha bike. SO in a "tight" track (like the one on the video)it has some

reason for the Lambo to get close to the Duke though if it was a 999R thigs would have been a couple of seconds or more advance for the Duck.(on a "tight track")

P.S. After seeing the video I can say that the track wasn't too open for the Duck to show it's capabilities (Though it finnally won over the lambo)

So in more open track i.e. like the Hockenheimring and or the 999R version that is the top of the line Duck,the distance would be more....

Btw I liked the Lambo's driver's watch...Old Navitimer...c005.gif

As a passionate motorcyclist I am trying my best here. This comparo is quite accurate. Let us go through the facts.

[1] Four wheeled machines have a devastating advantage in cornering. Period.

[2] Braking, while in theory, and when looking at the equipment, should favour the bike. But, brakes these days in cars, espessially high end super cars, are literally fool proof, able to consistantly brake at the maximum every time. Unless you are in the 10% of the best of motorcyclists, you won't have the skills to use the brakes at maximum on a bike.

[3] The power/weight ratio is clearly favoured on the bike. This advantage to gain time lost in the corners can really only be used out of corners, and up to speeds of around 150 mph, seeing as bikes have a huge disadvantage aerodynamically. And the bike rider must use this power smartly, not wasting power by having the front in the air.

If you are going to campare bikes and cars, it does make sense to compare the best of the best. So lets say a ZX10 vs a Ferrari Enzo. The bike will have but a chance on a track of medium straights, and corners. A track of very long straights will clearly favour the car, able to make use of it's 210 mph top speed. On a very tight track, the advantage will go to the car again, taking advantage of it's 1.3G cornering ability.

The test we saw definitely could have been more interesting had they used a more common place GSXR 1000 or ZX10, even the more powerfull Ducati 999R. But I think they gave the run of the mill 999 a fair shake, giving it a track where it had a chance.

Ciao, Steve G.

The bike will have but a chance on a track of medium straights, and corners. A track of very long straights will clearly favour the car, able to make use of it's 210 mph top speed

Ciao, Steve G.

Well put Steve, I agree on this view .For this last topic I'll just have to put my input and tell you that the car could gain advantage on that only if it was a 10mile straight or so. You see on the track straights even big ones do not allow any production supercar to gain over a top accelleration bike. i.e. A MV Augusta 1000 can accellerate 0-200km/h on about 8secs, (having already a gain of 1+sec to 0-100 over a car like that Lambo) there's no car that can do this.As well top gear roll ons or generally roll ons are in favor of the bike and are ussually astronomical figures.And top speed between these 2 are not so much different

309km/h for the Lambo and 301km/h for the 165whpMV Agusta.

Some more stats about these 2 vehiles

LAMBO /Gallardo MV AUGUSTA

Acceleration 0-100km/h Lamb 4 MVAug 3.1

" " 0-140 km/h Lamb 6.4 MVAug 4.8

" " 0-200 km/h Lamb 13 MVAug 8

Roll ons

60-100 km/h Lamb 7,6 MVAug 3.4

100-140 Lamb 6.7 MVAug 3.3

140-180 Lamb 6.1 MVAug 3.1

All the lost seconds of getting into corners can be easily gained in acceleration from the bike.

But it is needed a bigger,more open track to see this.

:bier:

Guest Nogbad

There's no need for argument here.

There is only one pertinent question:

Can the average Joe afford to buy this sort of performance?

Answer:

Only with the bike.

Your Gay-lardo (heck I love that!) costs something I.R.O. £200,000. I can go out and buy a good Gixxer 1000 for £6000 or a new one for under £8000. - Bang for your buck??? I say no contest! :2c:

Guest philbo
Lambo vs Duc

actually...to make the comparo fair, they should pair their top car with a top bike, like a ZX-10, or a Gixxer...see how much they fudge that!

47255[/snapback]

Never mind the technicalities - where can I get a job racing around in cars and on bikes just for the hell of it ... :D

Well if you don't have high speed good luck looking at that File TOMORROW, as for me I have high speed that was freaking sweet :thumbsup: The guy recording had to back off when the 10r and R1 were going at it, I laughed none was a match for that turbo busa, Although on a track even with the best rider an r1 would probably waste it. Very interesting "research" done with some guys with 2 problems abundance of time, and money.'

I'll keep my goose for now

...Can the average Joe afford to buy this sort of performance?...

Things get a little less clear when you look at a good 2nd hand Impreza or Evo, 300+HP/ 4WD for lot less than £20K. Real fast, stick like a limpet & you can use it to carry the family & shopping on a w/e. Myself I'd love a Skyline...

KB :sun:

Lambo vs Duc

47255[/snapback]

Actually, if you watch you'll see the ghosted overlay of bike vs. car that the bike did win (erroneously.)

Someone sed:

A track of very long straights will clearly favour the car, able to make use of it's 210 mph top speed. On a very tight track, the advantage will go to the car again, taking advantage of it's 1.3G cornering ability.

Well, those "long straights" had better be several miles long then, since way back when they tested a KZ1100? against a 'Vette and the bike's acceleration advantage gave it enough of a lead that the 'Vette would have needed about a 10mi straight for it's 30mph top-speed advantage to catch up. But you're dead on about the tight track part... And mistakes cornering in a car are much easier to recover from than on a bike! :o

OP mentioned "AWD" for the Gallardo: are you sure? Seems like the back end was getting very slideways many times during the car segment: I was certain that the Lambo was a RWD middie with a driver who liked pushing the happy pedal too much. It's a cinch that that car could have lapped faster with a more competent (or focused; after all, the driver was yakking at the camera half the time he was driving) driver.

Much as I hate to say it, the state of car tech enables a fast car to lap a track faster than a fast bike these days. But at what price? The buyer certainly gets more "bang for the buck" with the bike!

:bike: