Fork Seal

BrianG

My 2000 V-11 Sport has the Marzocchi forks. I blew a fork seal and need to replace it, but of course the local Guzzi dealers don't stock them and it'll only be 3-4 weeks before they place an order. DORKS!

Is there a standard size fork-seal that will cross? Must be something Japanese that uses this size of fork seal! :luigi:

Anyone? :notworthy:

Here are several places likely to stock the seal in no particular order.

Eish Enterprises

Moto International

MG Cycle

Harpers

MPH Cycle

If none of these dealers have your seal, yours must be truely unique.

The thing is, I'm in Canada. Getting stuff across the border is a 2 week adventure, at best.

And....... can the dust-cover be removed without damage? Is it normally replaced at the same time as the seal is ? :luigi:

You might have to bite the bullet I blew a seal(well only leaky) and it took about a week and a half. Then they installed it improperly and on the way home the fork popped again called them irate they told me to limp it in, I said limp it in? theres red goo everywhere can't I die trying this?(10miles). SOO they put it back in the rack takes another week and a half they give me a loaner bike old crapified Suzuki bandit 1200 uncomfortable piped out loud as all hell hot on the legs(and I thought guzzis might be hot on the legs) Well riding home from friends anniversary party with the wife on the back that thing blows a fork seal getting onto the highway almost whiped out from the spray it was everywhere and black as night I thought the engine blew out it had been smelling of burnt oil the whole time. I had to get it towed they weren't open After all was said and done I got a free oil change out of it instead of them possibly trying to charge me for said "recklessness". SO it took Me a close friend of mine and my wife even my mother called them(told her not too you know mothers) That I don't do wheelies(not that I haven't mind you) and I didn't abuse bikes even thier crusty old bandit. The seals looked leaky when I got it I thought I could just limp it along as something to ride SO you think you got its tough man it can always get worse, If they try to hand you a crap loaner bike say no thanks. :2c:

"Dad, whats the moral of this story?"

"I like stories"

:homer: