Bodensee touring

Guzzirider

We will be enjoying a short raid into Europe this June starting off with the Boxmeer rally.

We are toying with the idea of riding into Germany the week after and camping around the Bodensee.

I would be greatful to hear from anyone else who has experience of this, and who could recommend some good bike friendly campsites in nice quiet locations.

Thanks in advance

Guy :helmet:

I passed one time round the south east side of the lake LINDAU BERGENZ fubach

but never camped on any side.It appears on my map that only the south side (Switzerland?)has some campings there.Alternheim,ARBON ,Egnach,(South-east)Kreutzlingen,(near KOSTANZ)South West side...

Club Bodensee is an active local Guzzi club to further assist you on infos like these I believe :bier:

The last weekend of June the MG Club Bodensee has their annual Guzzi Rally in Owingen-Hohenbodmann. I have been there twice. Very nice meeting. It is held at the Gasthof Adler ("The Eagle Inn" :!: ) which is a very nice place to stay (and rather cheap) Don't know about camping sites though.

The last weekend of June the MG Club Bodensee has their annual Guzzi Rally in Owingen-Hohenbodmann. I have been there twice. Very nice meeting. It is held at the Gasthof Adler ("The Eagle Inn"  :!: ) which is a very nice place to stay (and rather cheap) Don't know about camping sites though.

47444[/snapback]

Thanks for the info Jaap- I will check out the Gasthof Adler.

Unfortunately we will be back on the ferry home when that rally starts.

Damn work!!

cheers

Guy

You will be on the Boxmeer meeting???

Well I hope I can meet you there. Last year I met Jaap and Paul and someone else I don't remember his name, whatever, see you there.

47715[/snapback]

Yes we have booked the ferry tickets now and hope to be there Friday morning.

Look forward to meeting you, Antonio.

Regards

Guy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest markbar

Guzzirider,

I am based in South Germany currently (Heidelberg).

If you have any problems of a mechanical or medical nature (am in orthopaedics)then do contact me, I´ll send you contact details by private message.

There are literally endless things to see, do and drive here so can point you to all sorts of things or give you good routes (have been here for the last 11 years so have seen most good roads):

If you´re coming down from England then I usually do Brussels towards Liege then down towards Trier, from Spa-Francorchamps the fun starts, into Germany Hunsrücker Höhenstrasse, Bernkastel-Kues, down through Pfalz/Palatinate, via Johanneskreuz which is a bike meet-up in the Pfalz, maybe do the spas and hot springs near Bad Kreuznach for a bit of R&R en route. The black forest is full of good roads and takes you down towards CH, particularly Schwarzwälder Höhenstrasse (B 500 I think it´s called), on the otherhand the Vosges in France on the other side of the Rhine are wonderful (Sauverne, Belfort are great for a visit), my favourite road in the south vosges 486 from Belfort, great food for reasonable money as an advantage, Alsace is pretty fun wherever you go, can give you more details if interested. An interesting stop-over towards Bodensee (Lake Constance) is Rheinau near Schaffhausen with some rather fun old inns near the old bridge separating Switzerland and Germany over the Rhine where it´s still fairly narrow...

here´s a few camping sites with links which I just googled:

http://www.bodenseeurlaub.de/bodensee/Bode...ampingplatz.htm

will PM details now...

have fun,

mark

Yes I am sure both Mal and his black beastie will be there too!

49142[/snapback]

Yep, I'll be there (and hi Antonio & Jaap), maar ik heb nog een beetje problemen met deze rare taal maar bier is geen probleem :drink::grin: .

I'm still in regular touch with the UK Guzzi crowd and plan to meet Guy & crew en route to Boxmeer, looking forward to it and seeing old faces and then travelling with the ARSE crew down to Germany etc, should be great.

Also looking forward to the Scottish rally next week....cool :D as long as my first attempt at TPS/TB balancing this weekend doesn't turn out too disasterous. :P

Mal :helmet: