We were talking about this on a Brit forum

Dirtybill

Going for a ride. But on a Guzzi or some other big twins, a "ride" doesn't really describe it.

Now on an inline 4 you could say, "I'm goin for a rip", "I'm goin for a tear" etc.

We came to the consensus that a big twin (or single) needs it's own term.

BLAT seemed to work. "Hoon" doesn't really fit though :bbblll:

We may need some new terminology here. [bLAST?]

A POUNDING?

Going for a ride.  But on a Guzzi or some other big twins, a "ride" doesn't really describe it.

Now on an inline 4 you could say, "I'm goin for a rip", "I'm goin for a tear" etc.

We came to the consensus that a big twin (or single) needs it's own term.

BLAT  seemed to work.  "Hoon" doesn't really fit though :bbblll:

We may need some new terminology here.  [bLAST?]

A POUNDING?

47348[/snapback]

I cannot think of any good words but my friends who ride 4 cylinder bikes know that riding my bike is different. They do not like to be behind me because the sound when I roll on is very forceful, although they like the sound but it usually means they won't pass me for a few seconds until they get their bike up into the power band. They also know that I seem to have more fun whilst not being the fastest. To me going for a 'ride on a Guzzi' is not the same as going for a 'ride'. I shall ask them if they have any expletives to describe it from their point of view. I find that a ride on a Guzzi (or ride on a BSA or whatever makes you grin) works just fine.

...Blat doesn't make any sence to me...

Dunno where it comes from but I've always associated it with the noise & blast from open megas....like a flat 'BLAT' you can see as it bends the grass & echoes off buildings...

think i seen it in comics...like - exhaust noise or gunfire... BLAT!!!BLAT!!!BLAT!!!

Funny how same word fits on the other side of the world even tho it's not a proper word - well it's not in my dictionary.

KB :sun:

Guest Nogbad

To BLAT properly though you need something like a Manx Norton with an open megaphone pipe. I don't think any modern bike is capable of BLATTING without illegal exhaust mods!