Urgent Advice Needed

Guest Nogbad

The worry was never that she would seek out trouble and be stupid, it was that the festival would be full of potential murderers / rapists / pushers and thieves.

IF the case is like that, what kind of usefull entertainment for the youth would be there?.In this case it is wise to consider the instinct of the mother,most times is not worng.Aren't there any other opportunities there with more "down to earth" festivals around?There must be.

:bier:

Guest Nogbad
All the tickets for Glastonbury sold out this morning in 3 hours flat.

47690[/snapback]

I know. She was up at 8.30 and using several computers and phones my daughter and her friends all managed to get tickets!

Send them on a Moto Guzzi, I am sure nothing will happen.

47678[/snapback]

Has anybody tried these?

http://inet-rendezvous.com/MGNOC/karma_bells.htm

When I first got my bike, I put some brass bells on the oil cooler bracket, and sure enough, within a hundred miles, I looked down and saw the oil cooler shaking as the bracket has broken.

At first, I thought the bells were cursed bells, instead of karma bells.

But then I discovered the brackets were a known issue, and failure was basically, inevitable.

So, maybe the bells saved me from catastrophy, because I would not have looked down and seen the cracked bracket???????

Anyway, make sure she has bells. or atleast one.

I know, youth today know more about karma than half of India. But knowledge does not equate enlightenment. So, if you throw a bell in her purse, or better yet, have your wife give her the bell, I am sure you will sleep alot better.

Guest aironepony

By all means let them go; in fact encourage them, bribe them. And then...move house whilst they are away. It worked for me. Haven't seen my lot since.

:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
Guest Nogbad
Nogbad, how is she, did she get wet? Is she still there?

54811[/snapback]

Martin, thanks for your concern, I called her on Friday lunchtime after the flooding, and they must have picked a good high spot because she said they slept well and only had a little trouble with water penetrating the tent and wetting the bottom. She was waiting to dry a pair of trousers while they restored the power. I know for sure she wasn't caught up in the flooding of the Glade.

Guest aironepony
Thats good news. I know part of the whole experiance of Rock Festivals is the mud but the scenes above are just too extreme.

54819[/snapback]

That's nowt, we had our rock concerts in a paper bag at the bottom of a cess pit.

Naah! young people are far too soft today. Do 'em good. ......... :thumbsup: