Fabricated Rear-shock Mud Guard

BrianG

Guest ratchethack

Richard, I really didn't intend to take any business away from Edge. :blush: Keep in mind that the NAPA mud flap cost about the same as Edge's much more highly refined and well-crafted product. C'mon - give yourself a really NICE Christmas gift!! (a Bodge Guard don't exactly fit in with "really nice"!) :grin:

They are both great ideas but its true Edge's solution is much nicer and easier to install. The mud flap looks like you almost Need to remove the rear tire to install it properly. Also those big ole flaps aint that cheap either. Edge's took 15 seconds and I moved around nothing but my magic fingers. Well worth the money but if he's out of bizness or youre in a pinch graba guard and bodge yourself to death. :luigi:

They are both great ideas but its true Edge's solution is much nicer and easier to install. The mud flap looks like you almost Need to remove the rear tire to install it properly. Also those big ole flaps aint that cheap either.  Edge's took 15 seconds and I moved around nothing but my magic fingers. Well worth the money but if he's out of bizness or youre in a pinch graba guard and bodge yourself to death.  :luigi:

69432[/snapback]

Thanks guys, Interesting solution and loooks effective too.

Update; I did receive another batch of plastic and have been making my way through anther run for for those that have already requested pieces. I got a little behind this week feeling a bit under the weather (thanks to my grand daughter :wub: ).

I should have everything done by next weekend. I can't get to them any sooner due to a business travel next week but they will ship out soon. :bier:

• 3 months later...
Hi Edge are you doing anymore guards, if so how much for both and freight to the UK and what would be the best way to pay you.

Cheers Gary :bier:

81537[/snapback]

Hey guys,

I am really sorry to inform all looking for another run on the edge gards that I will be out of the fabrication business for the next 6 months due to my return to Afghanistan. I am enjoying my last couple days at home and it is not possible to order the plastic and get them turned around before I launch out of here. I will be glad to do another run in September (yeah I know, a long time but probably shorter than waiting for MG parts!!). When I get back in the groove, I'll post on the board and respond to those that PM'd me for availability.

Again, I am sorry I just can't kick them out in time :o

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey guys, I appreciate the continued interest in the guard and support for my current work situation. I was home for a few days in December and managed to get a couple pieces done and out and I am sorry if I missed those that I had promised already. I received plenty of stock and have already templated and cut all. All that is left is the hand forming but unfortunately, that will have to wait until March since I have not figured how to get a goose over here yet! I promise my next trip home I will get them formed and done and post here for those that are still interest. In the mean time, Ride Safe :race: