Modifications and Insurance

Guest Nogbad

I have Allstate insurance & they asked me about accesories for replacement value. At the time all I had was the tekno bags so I stated their value @ $500 I think. I assume that increases my premium slightly, but if its stolen I will be reimbursed the bags too. Btw lets do a comparo of rates in different countries. Standard liability for me is about $300 for 12 months. I'd love to hear what the outragous rates are in europe. If its anything like the cost of gasoline....I'll take my vacation here in the states lol

I'm with Farmers and pay $150/year for full coverage. Its sweeeet. :grin:

Also my step dad did a low slide on my old bike (funny it was a cruiser) well WHAT I did was goto the shop fixing it and say. Well the stock exhaust cost $800 lets not put that on lets get the Vance and Hines while we're at it I'll take the hard leather bags and a windshield too. Thanks. so I got everything fixed and the acces I wanted for eh $300 over the cost of the insurance check for repairs, had them install it all to. so sometimes you can work together with your dealer and work over the theives, I mean insurance companies. :drink:

Guest Nogbad
I have Allstate insurance & they asked me about accesories for replacement value. At the time all I had was the tekno bags so I stated their value @ $500 I think. I assume that increases my premium slightly, but if its stolen I will be reimbursed the bags too. Btw lets do a comparo of rates in different countries. Standard liability for me is about $300 for 12 months. I'd love to hear what the outragous rates are in europe. If its anything like the cost of gasoline....I'll take my vacation here in the states lol

48118[/snapback]

On my V11 last year, £385. I have a clean licence and at 45 am an old git. At todays exchange rate that's $693.

On my V11 last year, £385. I have a clean licence and at 45 am an old git. At todays exchange rate that's $693.

48142[/snapback]

Try Carol Nash next time- I am in a higher risk post code area, 2 speeding fines and am 37 and I pay a similar premium for both my bikes combined.

They do not mind about exhasuts and stuff either when you mention it.

Guy

Guest Nogbad
Try Carol Nash next time- I am in a higher risk post code area, 2 speeding fines and am 37 and I pay a similar premium for both my bikes combined.

They do not mind about exhasuts and stuff either when you mention it.

Guy

48143[/snapback]

I had a funny experience with CN. I used to have my SV650 insured with them through Equity Red Star, when I got the Guzzi, CN told me the underwriter wouldn't cover it and I would have to cancel the policy and take out a new one, and they quoted me over £450. In the end I had to cancel the CN policy and I went to Roadsure. I lost a year's NCD as well. To rub salt into the wound, when I got the paperwork from Roadsure, guess who the underwriters were? Yep, EQUITY RED STAR! I feel ripped off and would think twice about CN now.

I agree, there is no such thing as a nice insurance company, they all want your money but when I was in the UK Carol Nash were the best of a bad bunch IMHO, some of the other firms took the piss with their quotes and what they offered for the money.

But going to your main question of telling them about mods..if they don't ask don't tell them, they'll certainly never spot a different ECU sitting under the seat (and if they did you can always look shocked and say, "tut tut, now which reckless previous owner fitted that, I had no idea it was there" :D ).

As for exhausts, if they ask specifically if it has different exhaust on then its probably a good idea to tell them but if they ask if the bike has anything fitted to enhance performance, you could in theory deny it in the knowledge that even with exhausts, filters & PC fitted, it still, in the real world, does not produce more power than Guzzi claim.

OK I know there are a few lucky owners out there whos dyno charts go beyond the factories claimed 80 rwhp but the majority of bikes only reach this figure with these essential accesories :P: and I'd like to see the coutroom fitted with a dyno proving that your mods exceed the factory specs :grin:

Ok I'm no lawyer so maybe none of this is going to hold up in court but I wonder how many people have had their claims turned down because the exhaust was non standard ?

Mal