Whats the story on this bike on Ebay?

Mike Stewart

My guess someone made them an offer they couldn't refuse for the ohlins front end and brakes? possibly. who knows. maybe instead of selling them cheap they are looking at parting them out high. Makes more sence to me in some cases. :huh2:

I saw this on Ebay in Europe, anyone read German to translate what is up?

what.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4541882117&rd=1

Mike  :huh2:

48125[/snapback]

After installing the Translate module in my copy of FireFox, I got the following:

They offer on one

Moto Guzzi V 11 cafe sport

Bj 01-03-2005 without permission

After a theft damage became

the following divides stolen

Fork, rim, brake assembly, fork bridges, steering wheel, switching armatures, fenders. Cables became split

Technical data:

Moto Guzzi

TYP: KT

KW: 67/8200

Capacity: 1064

Unloaded weight: 246 kg

Tyre: In front 120/70 ZR 17 in the back 180/55 ZR 17

No entry in the letter!!! NP lies with approx.. 13,500 EUR

2 keys available!!!

With further questions we ask to call you us under 06152-937368

Dispatch in European Union possible!!!

Inspection according to telephone agreement desired!!! Much fun with offer....

Here goes a translation

Sie bieten auf eine

Moto Guzzi V 11 Cafe Sport = You bid for one Moto Guzzi V11 Cafe Sport

Bj 01-03-2005 ohne Zulassung =Build year 01-03-2005 (don't think so)

Nach einem Diebstahlschaden wurden

folgende teile entwendet = after the bike was stolen the following parts has been removed

Gabel, Felge, Bremsanlage, Gabelbrücken, Lenker, Schaltarmaturen, Kotflügel. Kabel wurden durchtrennt = Fork,Rims,Brake system,triple clamps,Steering wheel, switches of the instruments (perhaps some switches -cables there)front fender kables were being broken.

Technische Daten: Technical details

Moto Guzzi

TYP: KT

KW: 67 / 8200

Hubraum: 1064

Leergewicht: 246 kg

Bereifung: Vorne 120/70 ZR 17 Hinten 180/55 ZR 17

Kein Eintrag im Brief!!! NP liegt bei ca. 13.500 EUR== No entrances on the licence pappers!!! New price is about 13.500

2 Schlüssel vorhanden !!! =Two keys are given away

Bei weiteren Fragen bitten wir Sie uns unter 06152-937368 anzurufen= If you have more questions call us at.....

Versand in EU möglich!!!= Sending in the EU is possible

Besichtigung nach telefonischer Vereinbarung erwünscht !!! Viel Spaß beim bieten ….=Inspection after telephone appointment is desired!!Have fun with bidding

There were also many of Guzzi like this one also to www.mobile.de about 2-3 total I think, dunno but it would be better if someone checks the bike beforw to buy it and see the worth of itm though it is going to be a bargain offe at the enad I think

I have seen this too. Lately there were 3 (!) V11s on mobile.de without forks, all stolen. I don't know what they'd want with Marzocchis though.

48140[/snapback]

Cafe sport's have Öhlins shocks.. I guess the rear was too much of a job for the criminals to remove.. :-o

edit: from mobile.de, the same seller: http://www.wrackbike.de/

hi all. this is in Gross Gerau, just 8km up the road from where I live. It could be from the dealer where I purchased my bike (Stein, Bad Nauheim - now moved to Russelsheim) or very likely from one his customers in this area, as its a way to any other dealer from here.

I would guess that German insurance has written it off (new front end etc. is more than the value of the bike!) and he opted to keep the rest and sell it privately as the amount offered by the insurance to buy it off him was lower than what he expects to get on e-bay. I guess if you need a motor/frame/etc. or have space to store a spare v11 its a bargain :)

Jonathan.

depends on where it ends how good the deal is. I think it's going to be to expensive to have fun with.

48236[/snapback]

Granted. But if it were in reasonable logisitic reach for me (which it isn't), I have a spare front rim, forks etc. Stock ones and obviously not as good as the departed Ohlins, but that wouldn't leave all too much that had to be replaced to make the bike whole.

Com to think of it, I probably should be saving up for an MGS02.... :mg: