Pirelli Diablo to Corsa Comparison

Mike Stewart

The Diablos sound great.

They implied that the Diablo Corsa has radical handling while the Diablo has "smooth handling".

Smooth is what my bike needs.

I suppose you should use the Diablo Corsas on your Rosso Corsa, and Diablos on your Sport.

But then again the Diablo is a better touring tire...

So what are you using where?

The Diablos sound great.

They implied that the Diablo Corsa has radical handling while the Diablo has "smooth handling".

Smooth is what my bike needs.

I suppose you should use the Diablo Corsas on your Rosso Corsa, and Diablos on your Sport.

But then again the Diablo is a better touring tire...

So what are you using where?

48355[/snapback]

David,

I have been using the Diablo Corsa's on my Rosso, best tire I have ever used to date. I still don't know which tire I like best on the 00 V11 Sport (currently Dunlop 220's). I was looking for a set of tires for the newly aquired Ghezzi-Brian.

Mike

David,

I have been using the Diablo Corsa's on my Rosso, best tire I have ever used to date.  I still don't know which tire I like best on the 00 V11 Sport (currently Dunlop 220's).  I was looking for a set of tires for the newly aquired Ghezzi-Brian.

Mike

48359[/snapback]

Wait a minute, now you have a Ghezzi-Brian? Is Janice running around barefoot now to keep you in bikes? I don't know anyone named Jones riding a Guzzi, but you sure as heck can't keep up with the Stewarts!! Congrats Mike.

I just got a michelin pilot power as rear tyre. But can't comment on it yet because it's new. But what I hear this should be "THE" sport tyre this moment. It's nice round. If you don't ride in the rain, the pirelli supercorsa is still a geat tyre, I use that for track days. Not legal on the road here.

I have bought some Michelin Pilot Power Race for the SuperTwin.

I hope to take the bike back home in 2 weeks.

I will tell you then how it is.

I use the diablo corsa & super corsa (they are legal for road in France) before and was really really happy

I will compare with the michelin as soon as possible.

...any news on your Daytona?

al

48401[/snapback]

Nein :wacko:

Still nothing 4_2_200v.gif

Don't understand how such bike could disapear 4_2_203.gif

Nein  :wacko:

Still nothing 4_2_200v.gif

Don't understand how such bike could disapear 4_2_203.gif

48438[/snapback]

Somewhere, in the back of some cretin's van, there's a Daytona and a bunch of Ohlins forks...

On the tire thread, I have a set of the Diablo Strada's on order, they should be in this week. I'll fill you in.

The diablo strada is the new model of what was the Dragon GTS

those are more touring than sport tires.

Perfect to fit guzzi for a normal way of use because bikes are a little heavy.

but for lighter bikes or sport rides you mut be carefull because it is not a sport tire , so longuest to be hot etc ...

Guest markbar

I have diablo corsa´s on my scura and did the vosges mountains (F) last weekend with whole range of roads, passes etc with everything from snow to 25 degs and hot asphalt and they were perfect!!! Bike is a bit hotted up (overbore, eprom, bos pipes, light clutch and flywheel, airfilter and airbox mod, torque cam, rgv250 tailunit and pvm wheels) but still couldn´t provoke the tyres to misbehave even though I did try a few times... very impressed. They look nice too as black roundish objects go .... :P

mark

:mg: Have bought a scura and love it!

Guest RossGuzzi

Hi,

I just swaped the Pilot road front to a Pilot power. Straight away I feel it is more presise, better feed back, and I hope more grip. Will find out tomorow !!

Still running the Pilot road on the rear.

Cheers,

Ross V10 Centauro.