Mistress

V11UK

Nice bike Chris- I really admire the Buell XB12R Firebolt- I am seriously tempted to take a test ride on one.

Top marks to the designer for getting so much BHP and torque out of that old engine- some real design ingenuity as well to keep the weight down and in the right places.

Guy :helmet:

I actually DID test ride a Buell XB12R and found it to be as much fun as I've ever had on two wheels. Anguished for months before deciding on the V11.

The Guzzi won out because of styling, reliability and familiarity (V11 makes three), but if I were a richer man the stable would definitely include a Firebolt XB12R.

Weird that while the bike has had little impact here in the States, it is quite popular in Europe.

BTW, that fron brake system FLAT WORKS!!!!!

Nice bike, Chris.

There's just something about Buells. I like their two-fingered salute to all that is mainstream, their raw feel and 83 ft/lb torque @ 3,000 rpm :D.

Buells are one of few good things to come out of the USA :thumbsup:.

I rented a buell in Chicago about 6 years ago, and put up about 600 miles in 24 hours- down to Indiana, up through Michican and i just touched Ohio,(I think).

I don't remember which one, it had a small fairing and a set of hard panniers and it was being rented as a tourer. Lots of fun, and far more enjoyable then the usual harley fare when you want to rent in the states. Mind you, trying to find a decent corner in that part of the world was a bit of a challenge.

Flipping the kill switch certainly got your attention too. I've heard plenty of horror stories about the the electrics though, and I'd be scared as to how it would mix with Irish weather.

On the subject of american bikes, I just read an article on the new harley steet rod, and it just might be the first harley i'd ever consider. Very worrying.