Helmets?

DeBenGuzzi

I want to get a new modular helmet I have a Nolan classic and its nice but I'd like something a lil nicer maybe a better style to it. The modulars fit my giant melon better than most full face I don't leave it up ever riding but is nice for filling up or talking here or there. I kinda like the ROOF but have heard mixed reviews and it has no vents!!!, and I like the shoei well enough but I would want to try and try them on b4 dropping 4bills on either. :huh2:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RPHETTEPLACE

with my giant melon being a xxxl, I had to mail order couldn't find anything to try on locally. I called tonker.com and had them ship me 3, and told them I'd buy one and ship the others back. They were super cool to deal with. By the way I ended up with a Shoei.

with my giant melon being a xxxl, I had to mail order couldn't find anything to try on locally.  I called tonker.com and had them ship me 3, and told them I'd buy one and ship the others back.  They were super cool to deal with.  By the way I ended up with a Shoei.

49424[/snapback]

NOW you have a giant melon, its like sputnik round but point in parts. I hope you don't cry yourself to sleep on your giant pilla. anyway thanks for the feedback I thought 7&3/4 was a big'un I was wrong. :huh2:

Ben: THere is currently a helmet thread on Wildguzzi.com about helmets, you might want to check it out. I met a fellow with a Jarrow (SP?) over the weekend and he liked it,but he liked his old cheap Zeus better.

I didn't know that the Roof had no vents. Are they even available in the US?

Anyway, the consensus seems to be that the Schuberth is the best of the lot.

fish

Guest Nogbad

Are modular helmets as safe as an ordinary full face?

The other problem is weight, I used to have a 1500g helmet, and replaced it with a 1350g Shoei Z1, and the difference in comfort and the length of time I can ride without neck ache is out of proportion to the 150g reduction.

The Schuberth modular is 1650g!

Guest aironepony

When I was a lad I used to put my cap on back to front, pull down the goggles and thunder off on the Rudge hoping for the best........now I wouldn't dream of it. Full face for me........... :thumbsup:

Guest philbo
Are modular helmets as safe as an ordinary full face?

The other problem is weight, I used to have a 1500g helmet, and replaced it with a 1350g Shoei Z1, and the difference in comfort and the length of time I can ride without neck ache is out of proportion to the 150g reduction.

The Schuberth modular is 1650g!

49465[/snapback]

The neck ache stuff is a problem - I have a Shoei X11 at 1450 grams and I'm seriously looking at risers to solve the problem. Has anyone the Shark helmets? They seem to get pretty good write ups and come in at around 1350 grams.

Oh and about the helmets I may go with the Roof boxer for the Guzzi because I want something light and able to have open face for the slow hot days I have an open face but on the freeway I am no fan of them, I need to find a place to try one on or a place with a good exchange policy. Also I think I'll keep my Nolan and have it painted to match up with whatever I buy next its still a great helmet. But its even a lil heavy on the neck.

Guest dopiata

I would not personally ride with one of these.

The helmet can come up ... if you come down on your chin in a crash.

The little toggle on the front chin can engage ... and the whole face portion will flip back. I have seen some bad accidents on the web with guys riding with this.

I would personally recommend a Arai Quantum ... it is more elongated ... and you can take out the padding which runs along the front of your jaw area. I believe they sell smaller padding too.

I use an Arai Signet and have a Quantum as well.

The Signet is the best helmet I have ever owned.

And I must have about 4-5 of them.