Bike Cover

DeBenGuzzi

I don't know if any have talked about this exactly. But does anyone know where to get a Good bike cover that doesn't cost 1Million Dollars like the Actual Guzzi cover does. I mean if I could ever find a deal on a Guzzi cover on ebay I'd bid on it. Side note can dealers still even get them? Maybe someone knows a good substitute I've been looking off and on for awhile but haven't found anything worth buying(and I don't know what I'm really looking for anyway) So any help would be good thanks

I don't know if any have talked about this exactly.

49816[/snapback]

Yes – there are a number of threads about this. \My bike has spent the winter under an Oxford Stormex(?) not sure if that's correct name. It's strong, big and has a soft liner. Only problem with the soft liner is that if it gets wet, it holds the water and also it leaves white fluffy bits sticking to the mirrors, silencers and other sticky-out bits. A search should reveal recommended USA brands.

Guest ramon61

The Guzzi cover is an indoor dust cover. If that's what you need a (red) king size bed sheet will do. If you need an outdoor cover, my experience is the Nelson Rigg Defender 2000 is better than the Dowco Guardian. It is much more water-proof.

The Guzzi cover is an indoor dust cover. If that's what you need a (red) king size bed sheet will do. If you need an outdoor cover, my experience is the Nelson Rigg Defender 2000 is better than the Dowco Guardian. It is much more water-proof.

49862[/snapback]

I had a Nelson Rigg something or other on my V65C outside of my house. After a year and a half, it rotted so bad you could tear it buy looking at it. Now the bike sits under one of those big blue plastic tarps. YMMV.

I had a Nelson Rigg something or other on my V65C outside of my house. After a year and a half, it rotted so bad you could tear it buy looking at it. Now the bike sits under one of those big blue plastic tarps. YMMV.

49866[/snapback]

And after a year * 1.5, that blue tarp will be mostly white, and tear under it's own weight!

Newsflash: UV breaks down organic molecules. Sunlight is rich in UV: the closer to the equator or higher in altitude you are, the richer!

About the only cycle cover that wouldn't break down significantly would be some sort of aluminized mylar or fibreglas fabric...

Guest jerrylaco

I've used the Dowco Whatever on my Yamaha for the last 3+ years, with some outdoor coverage, but mainly in the garage as a dust cover. I guess it hasn't been bombarded with enough UV to decompose it yet, but for the most part it is indoors. For a couple of weeks during the summer I leave it under the deck and occassionally exposed to rain with very good results.

The cover has a soft cottonlike liner for the windshield area, but is just a nylon cover for the remainder of the cover - except for the aluminized heat shield on the bottom and the triangle shaped vent. When it rains the bike stays bone dry and has a set of hooks on the bottom that allow snug coverage to keep most splashage out.

The Guzzi cover looks cool, but if it stays in the garage, what do I care if it doesn't have a logo?

Jerry

And after a year * 1.5, that blue tarp will be mostly white, and tear under it's own weight!

Newsflash: UV breaks down organic molecules. Sunlight is rich in UV: the closer to the equator or higher in altitude you are, the richer!

About the only cycle cover that wouldn't break down significantly would be some sort of aluminized mylar or fibreglas fabric...

49884[/snapback]

What you need is a bike bubble like this:

My three have got one each!! Have a look at www.carcoon.co.uk (or it might be .com) Simple, brilliant, DRY - using the zip went you can even dry the bike off using warmth from the engine.

Very very "AR" but simply superb IMHO

Anyone know where to pick up a MG cover, secondly if anyone see's one cruising Ebay let me know I don't always catch everything. I want it to look nice AND be in the Garage Hmpth maybe I go through phases on these kinds of things, I'm still on the Fence about New cans Do I go for a CF theme or a Silver/Ti theme. Thats the question for awhile... :huh2:

This is definitely not the cheaper route to go but still a sweet cover.

http://www.gezagear.com/

I bought one for my harley when i tailored it cross-country 3000 miles during my move. ...yes, a cover that you can trailer with. It worked great! No scratches and no water got in. They make one that is truly waterproof, but it's really pricy. Been thinking about the bikini one for my v11 so it doesn't get all the UV while when i leave it outside at work.

These are good points Maybe I'll just use an Old sheet as a Dust cover. Heck of a lot cheaper than anything else.

49896[/snapback]

Yeah, I went "De-lux" and use a fitted red sheet!

Andy