Thoughts on the Ballabio

Guest despotp

200k to 250k km? does that include the valves and valve guides? I read so much about the soft valve stems and sharp guides that I almost bought that spare set on ebay.

I have heraed about that too but I have not seen it.People change things and that's good but at the other hand it may as well be a myth fo some sort. Dunno I hhave no problem with that on mine, I will buy some titanium valves and stuff for extra and generally some better quality parts for spares like this camshaft on the right with drilled holes to get better oiledgrundkreis.jpg ...., all these just in case of cource.

Just check them out when you do a valve adjust, and if they do start to get out of spec, replace them with some good quality aftermarket pieces and never worry about it again  :bike:

al

What do you mean by getting out of spec>?and how will I see this??

....Interesting.

I went on a 1,100 mi. excursion this weekend to Death Valley & Las Vegas and now have 16.500 CAREFREE miles on my '04 Ballabio(Red).  Other than wearing out tires and brakes(it lives in the mountains) I've had NOTHING wrong with it.

Power Commander, Stucchi X-over, K & N airbox and Staintune mufflers are the only mods so far and she runs great. 

By the way,  Deat Valley is spectacular!!  After having to blow-off a trip there a few weeks ago I did a last second, impromptu road trip and DAMN! I just can't wait to go again.

50244[/snapback]

I'm so jealous of you guys in California. The weather, the mountains, the ocean, the desert. Its a gawd damn motorcyclists paradise. One of these days I swear I going to iron butt my ass from ohio to San Diego up the PCH to washington state & then through the badlands back to ohio. Think I better get a more comfortable bike though, the v11's great but not for that. Thats Goldwing type stuff.

I'm so jealous of you guys in California. The weather, the mountains, the ocean, the desert. Its a gawd damn motorcyclists paradise. One of these days I swear I going to iron butt my ass from ohio to San Diego up the PCH to washington state & then through the badlands back to ohio. Think I better get a more comfortable bike though, the v11's great but not for that. Thats Goldwing type stuff.

50342[/snapback]

HERESY, get off this board heathen, Nah I'm just playin I see your point I can only manage 100mi straight b4 I need to stop and stretch the legs. :drink:

I see your point I can only manage 100mi straight b4 I need to stop and stretch the legs.  :drink:

I can only manage a 100+mi straight (or a bit more 115-120)before I have to tank... :D:P I get close to reserve by then, just depends where the nearest gas station is.....LOL

I can only manage a 100+mi straight (or a bit more 115-120)before I have to tank... :D  :P I get close to reserve  by then, just depends where the nearest gas station is.....LOL

50351[/snapback]

Sad I can do 150-180 depending. :bier:

You guys are on crack- there's all sorts of good riding in Ohio, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc. Ohio is really nice along the eastern side close to PA and WV.

MN- Ben, ride along the 'apple highway' starting at LaCrosse, WI. Dayum nice ride.

The deal is that we all get complacent about local rides because we ride them so much. About the most forlorn driving I have done has to be a tossup between Indiana or Ontario.

What do you mean by getting out of spec>?and how will I see this??

....Interesting.

50339[/snapback]

No need for paranoia, but to your question, please see:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...hl=soft++valves

...and the same info about halfway through my "dual plug" thread:

I don't think this is a "widespread" problem per se or one to fret over. Just check your oil consumption over time, and if something seems unusual, then consider it just one of the possible culprits to inspect.

If for some reason you are already doing a top-end rebuild, I would recommend changing the OEM parts out for something a bit better, but only because you are already "in there".

al