2002 Lemans...Am I getting a good deel?

Greedyfly

What about it?

50514[/snapback]

Because I am sure that I will hear someone say I am wearing a womans jacket since iwhere I live, the zipper side convention is different than it is in Europe evidently

Greedyfly

What about it?

50514[/snapback]

I think he is saying that in Europe, EVERYBODY is SEXXXY! and that in the land of the free, only the women are sexy and men too homophobic, I mean very Macho!...

All the same, I have not seen anybody on this list, from either continent, paint their bike pink, even if we refer to our bikes as 'she'. :wub:

In America it would be the ultimate theft deterent!

I think he is saying that in Europe, EVERYBODY is SEXXXY! and that in the land of the free, only the women are sexy and men too homophobic, I mean very Macho!...

All the same, I have not seen anybody on this list, from either continent, paint their bike pink, even if we refer to our bikes as 'she'. :wub:

In America it would be the ultimate theft deterent!

50518[/snapback]

:P

....you know, the right shade of pink might not be too bad now that I think about it, hrmm :bike:

Back on topic, although I wouldn't deign to tell you what type of bike to buy as your "first bike after returning to ridind in 20 years", but I concur that if it were me, I would buy some el-cheapo beater and ride it for a year.

Buy one that is "pre dropped" so you won't feel bad when you drop it, and there's less pressure worrying about doing so. That way you can keep your focus on sharpening up your riding skills again, not worrying about crashing.

Also, bikes have changed a LOT in 20, heck even 10, years. You might be surprised in regard to performance, weight, handling, etc. So again, I'd say go get some 500-750cc bike, like an old Yamaha Seca II, Kawi EX500, etc... and ride it around, then sell it for about the same amount of money you have in it(they hold their value, $1500-2000) a year later. Then you'll probably know more about what kind of bike you really want.

Although you probably mentioned it, I didn't notice where you were from. But in my neck-of-the-woods, we have some used bike "warehouses", and I've found that these are an EXCELLENT resource for folks just starting, or getting back into motorcycling after several years absence.

If you have that resource available, head down there post-haste and sit on every bike they'll let you... even if you think it's a bike you would never like. I think you'll be surprised. Every person I have known, including myself, has gone down there with a preconceived notion of the type of bike they want... and walked away with a modified outlook once they tried out several.

Anyway, hope that is all helpful. If you end up still going with the Guzzi, I would negotiate the bike separately from the accessories. You can get the accessories at any time later, and maybe for better prices.

I'm not slamming the dealer, but just like with autos, accessories is usually high margin, and where they try to make the deal sound better by making the package more complex. Simplify the sale, stick with just the bike(or close), then afterwards spend a little time figuring out which accessories you really need, and save some $$.

Good luck!

al

well,just ran across this post as i am ready to post a question elsewhere.......and i cannot resist this.....so..........

i will sell you my 02 lemans teni..has ,i think all of the 03 and 04 updates,

for $ 500.00 but you have to buy the bags ........they come with the bike.

i will sell them for $ 9900.00

fernando

well,just ran across this post as i am ready to post a question elsewhere.......and i cannot resist this.....so..........

fernando

50566[/snapback]

Come on Fernando! I want to sell him my Rosso Mandello for only $9500 & I'll throw the bags in for free! :grin:

fernando

50566[/snapback]

so the bike is $500 and the bags are $9500? you keep the bags I'll buy the bike. :grin:

Looking at a 2002 Lemans with 1950 miles. Cost of Bike is $7999.00

A nolan helmet (100E ??), the one that is full face but you can flip up either the visor or the whole front portion of the helmet.

A Moto Guzzi Leather Jacket.

Moto Guzzi Tank Bag.

Collapsable saddlebags w/quick release

Plug for heated gear

The pipes were non-stock, but I can't remember the brand.

Cost out the door (taxes and everything included) $9400.

Would you guys consider that a good deal?

Greedyfly

50451[/snapback]

Just bought (picking it up Saturday) a completely stock '02 LeMans with 950 miles for $6000. No extras but that's the fun part. :race:

You could call Speakers Cycles in Stuebenville, OH. They are advertising a 03 LeMans at dealer cost. They seem like nice guys.

John

Edit: Speakers (740)282-5399

www.Speakerscycle.com

I have been there a few times, Jason and his dad are nice people.

Edited by velofish

You could call Speakers Cycles in Stuebenville, OH.  They are advertising a 03 LeMans at dealer cost.  They seem like nice guys.

John

50701[/snapback]

I think he just sold that one John. I was in there last week & it was sold. Jason & his dad are nice guys & I prefer to do business with them myself.

Thanks Richard. Glad to hear Jason and dad are doing OK. I may take a ride up there this weekend and waste some more of their time looking at that Stone they have on the floor.

John

Guest slowpoke

Al, I think you pointed out an important part of motorcycle acquisition. That is, in order to know what you want one needs to experience from the humble to the sublime the many facets of motorcycledom. For one that is starting out a dual-purpose bike is a good choice. Heck, my brother's TTR-225 goes pretty good on the street. But, I can understand the other avenue; what do I do with a bike that I've outgrown? I hadn't ridden a bike since the 60's and I was quite frankly a little apprehensive about starting up again. So, consequently I bought a Aprilia RS 50 and a Husqvarna 125 (2 stroke) dirt bike. Wrong choice... The wind blows so hard over on Moloka'i (Hawai'i) that those light bikes will go sideways down the road. What did I buy? An Indian Chief all 700 + pounds to do go down the road and ride with my Harley buddies! But, since I moved back to California my riding style has completely changed. One needs (in my estimation) a maneuverable bike that is lightweight, handles well, brakes well and has enough power to keep up/get out of the way of other traffic. Something that the V11 Le Mans is very good at. The V11 has ample power, handles well and brakes well and is enough of an oddity to not be like everyone else. So, even though I may be biased, I think the V11 would be a good starter bike or 2nd bike depending on skills and Greedyfly I think you will not be disappointed and if you are there are plenty of bikes out there to whet your appetite. After all, variety is the spice of life... happy riding