2002 Lemans...Am I getting a good deel?

Greedyfly

Looking at a 2002 Lemans with 1950 miles. Cost of Bike is $7999.00

A nolan helmet (100E ??), the one that is full face but you can flip up either the visor or the whole front portion of the helmet.

A Moto Guzzi Leather Jacket.

Moto Guzzi Tank Bag.

Collapsable saddlebags w/quick release

Plug for heated gear

The pipes were non-stock, but I can't remember the brand.

Cost out the door (taxes and everything included) $9400.

Would you guys consider that a good deal?

Greedyfly

No. Not a good deal at all.

Plus, what warranty (recall) work has been done.

I bought a NEW 2003 naked for less than your "out the door" price four months ago.

Negotiate -- or walk.

I just ran across a used 2003 red and black lemans with 920 miles for $8250.00 OBO. Go to this site and check it out. In my humble opinion the 03-04 bikes are more desirable than the 02's. But than again, I am partial to red, and I don't like the flat black wrinkle engine paint on the 02's . Happy shopping.

http://www.mgnoc.com/Classifieds/classifiedads.htm

Rocketman

I don't know... I think $7999 is in the "ballpark" but definitely on the high side :huh2:

Although accessories don't really count for much, if the bike is in very good shape, and seems to be low mileage, then that in combination with the accessories listed, $7999 or a bit more "out the door" might be OK.

But I do agree that $9400 out the door is too high. Even at an average 8% sales tax, and adding $200 worth of "DMV processing fees", $7999 only comes to $8800.

How do they get $9400 from the $7999 selling price? That seems unreasonably high <_ i would negotiate and although love my too think that if were in the market for a lemans today stick to bikes had choice.>

The fit/finish and general QA of the 03+ bikes seems noticeably better, especially the 04 models with which few owners have had any issues.

If your heart is really in this bike, ditch the accessories, and make an offer you feel better about.

al

I paid about that much for my Rosso Mandello & it only had 300 miles on it. I think I overpaid a little, but hey I do like the bike. :huh2: I'd say no more than $8000...with all the accessories or walk...no run away! That bike is worth $6500 tops on ebay. If you dont believe me look for yourself

O.K.Cheaper is better so one has to "play" down the price a bit

Can't have any opinion about model-year in the terms which is better or worthy(if any problems ect.ect.)

Have you calculated the extras?

For istance Which Guzzi jacket is there? If is this one

ab_03_pop.jpg

this is a good one of the original Moto Guzzi line great quality and costy as well at 400+Euros new ($490)

O.K.Cheaper is better so one has to  "play" down the price a bit

Can't have any opinion about model-year in the terms which is better or worthy(if any problems ect.ect.)

Have you calculated the extras?

For istance Which Guzzi jacket is there? If is this one

ab_03_pop.jpg

this is a good one of the original Moto Guzzi line great quality and costy as well at 400+Euros new ($490)

50461[/snapback]

Helmet, jacket, saddlebags are all brand new..

Here is the breakdown:

2002 LeMans Bike $7999.99 with 1950 miles

Motto Guzzi Racing Jacket $319.99 new, just like the one in your picture.

Expandable saddlebags w/ quick release brackets new $ 347.99

Nolan Helmet New $199.99

Motto Guzzi Tank Bag (used and included in bike price)

Total $ 8867.96

Tax $532.07

Out the Door $9400.00

The warranty on the bike runs through July.

Any advice would be appreciated.

And recalls. What recall work has there been for the 2002 LeMans?

This is my first bike purchase, I don't want to pay too much because of lack of knowledge. The bike appears to be immacculate. My friend thats been riding for quite a while thought it looked in great shape for an '02, but he is a HD/BMW guy and not a Guzzi Guy, however he did tell me to ask on these forums. :)

From what I have heard on WildGuzzi, the price might be 600-700 too much, so if I go tthe bike down to 7300, would that be an acceptable deal?

Greedyfly

Nah you can jump right in it depends on what you've done b4 I grew up with a 125 motorcross and 2 minibikes so I should have got the guzzi in the begining but I went for a smaller bike and basically wasted my money. Go for the gusto better to get what you want and be happy then get what you need and want. :unsure:

I'd say $9000 out the door would be a fair price.

Hell, I paid $11,000 for my y2kv11s and I get sh^t from people for not paying $12,000 to make my local dealer 'happy'... give me a break...do I have to be a sucker twice over?!?

Of course in 2000, many paid MSRP, before Aprillia dumped the bikes on the market.

Now the bikes are cheap, but the parts have gone up in price due to the dollar, etc.

It is an awfully big bike for a first one. Consider taking the MSF course whether you get it or not- they'll give you some good instruction on safe riding techniques.

The price of the bike sounds a little high to me as well- try negotiating- it can't hurt and you might get a better deal (or walk- hey, there's always another one).

Just FYI, the zipper on the MG jacket is European style- it's on the wrong side for us 'Mericans.

It is an awfully big bike for a first one.  Consider taking the MSF course whether you get it or not- they'll give you some good instruction on safe riding techniques. 

The price of the bike sounds a little high to me as well- try negotiating- it can't hurt and you might get a better deal (or walk- hey, there's always another one).

Just FYI, the zipper on the MG jacket is European style- it's on the wrong side for us 'Mericans.

50507[/snapback]

Yeah I tried the jacket on and felt like I was wearing a woman's jacket...now I will know to say it's "European style"!!

I am taking the MSF. Last time I rode was 20 years ago on a Honda 350. Until I get comfortable on a bike, I plan to just ride on county roads and subdivisions.

Greedyfly