Marelli M15 Internal Scematic and Pinouts

Related to my electrical problems, the guys at Moto Italiano were curious if anyone in the community had a schematic and/or detailed pin-outs(and their functional relationships) of the Marelli M15 ECU?

Even the official MG info doesn't include this data, and it would make troubleshooting the electrical mystery much easier to know which pin is related to which, and how they interact.

Thanks!

al

Al, have you tried contacting Marelli direct? If the shop is a MG dealer, they should be able to get it faxed to them. Haven't tried Marelli personally, but have obtained ecu schematics for quite a few european cars/bikes by contacting the manufacturer direct, tho you have usually got to be in the trade to get in. If I was still employed as a transport engineer, could probably still get them. I'll make a few calls to see what I can do, tho it may take a few days to get a reply.

If my schematic is correct...

1 TPS +5V

2 NC

3 Tachometer signal

4 oil temp sensor

5 NC

6 injector (right)

7 rpm/phase sensor

8 NC

9 diagnostic plug pin 3

10 diagnostic plug pin 1

11 TPS position (wiper)

12 rpm phase sensor

13 injector (left)

14 coil (left)

15 warning light connector

16 NC

17 12V+ from Fuse F1

18 air temp sensor

19 injector relay (coil-86) - low to actuate injection relay

20 coil (right)

21 NC

22 sigal common (air temp/TPS/oil temp sensor) probably tied to ground internally

23 ground (diagnostic connector/ECU relay (coil-85 via diode)

24 ground - connected to pin 23

25 NC

26 ECU relay (normally open 82) from fuse F1/injection relay (coil 85)

I sure hope this is correct.

I have a manual in PDF of the electronic fuel injection system for a Guzzi, which has a lot of detail for the ECU. Although not stated, it appears to be of the earlier P8 version, but a lot of the information could be applicable. It's around 2.5MB in size, and I would need to know where to email or FTP it if you're interested.

Related to my electrical problems, the guys at Moto Italiano were curious if anyone in the community had a schematic and/or detailed pin-outs(and their functional relationships) of the Marelli M15 ECU?

50520[/snapback]

I like this thread. Do you pay them or do they pay you? Have they already checked the fault memory of your ecu? Have they cleared this memory (CTRL-Alt-Del!) Have they tested another ecu in the bike? Was this ecu then down the same way? Do they have the testing equipement for such actions? Have they asked at MG USA already what to do now?

The schematic of carl is bright and clear, indeed! You can find the same information in the drivers manual and also in the shop manual. Everything else is in the software. There will be no step to step guidance through exactly this problem.

I would pop up at their door, politely ask to test a spare ecu and then, if it works, claim this ecu as now yours. Maybe the ecu fell down and the pcb broke or the cat pissed on it or whatever else could happen has happened. They sure won't tell you. Maybe also the mechanic not wants to tell his boss what he has done.

I mean, you are the customer, they run a shop. They even have a web page, all in racing red and so on. Besides, why don't they call their shop 'Moto Italiana'?

I know, this is not really some positive writing, but I never came over something like that before. A shop tillts a bike and then asks the customer to make a internet research in order to get his bike back on the road again. What do they do in the meantime when you are busy trying to get the informations they need from you?

Hubert

I like this thread. Do you pay them or do they pay you? Have they already checked the fault memory of your ecu? Have they cleared this memory (CTRL-Alt-Del!) Have they tested another ecu in the bike? Was this ecu then down the same way? Do they have the testing equipement for such actions? Have they asked at MG USA already what to do now?

The schematic of carl is bright and clear, indeed! You can find the same information in the drivers manual and also in the shop manual. Everything else is in the software. There will be no step to step guidance through exactly this problem.

I would pop up at their door, politely ask to test a spare ecu and then, if it works, claim this ecu as now yours. Maybe the ecu fell down and the pcb broke or the cat pissed on it or whatever else could happen has happened. They sure won't tell you. Maybe also the mechanic not wants to tell his boss what he has done.

I mean, you are the customer, they run a shop. They even have a web page, all in racing red and so on. Besides, why don't they call their shop 'Moto Italiana'?

I know, this is not really some positive writing, but I never came over something like that before. A shop tillts a bike and then asks the customer to make a internet research in order to get his bike back on the road again.  What do they do in the meantime when you are busy trying to get the informations they need from you?

Hubert

50543[/snapback]

I was over there two weeks ago when we picked up Joe Camarda's bike. I believe they said that an ECU had be substituted to no avail. My take on the problem is that either a connection is loose or a relay socket receptacle has pushed down. That shop is 91 miles from me or I'd drop by and see if I could locate the problem. I probably can, simply because I can't find the problem with my own. Murphy's Law. Ya gotta love it...

Yes, they have done all of the above, please also see thread:

No Spark

I would pop up at their door, politely ask to test a spare ecu and then, if it works, claim this ecu as now yours. Maybe the ecu fell down and the pcb broke or the cat pissed on it or whatever else could happen has happened. They sure won't tell you.

They have swapped ECUs and the results indicated my ECU is not at fault.

Further, my ECU has had the ignition remapped by TLM to support my dual-plug application, so I can't just have them give me another ECU from another bike.

Also, keep in mind that I am not asking for the wiring schematic for the bike(I have that), but the internal pinouts, etc of the ECU itself.

We're just trying to get as much info as possible, and yes, the dealer has already tried to find this info through their contacts as well, but so far with no success.

Maybe also the mechanic not wants to tell his boss what he has done.

I know, this is not really some positive writing, but I never came over something like that before. A shop tillts a bike and then asks the customer to make a internet research in order to get his bike back on the road again.  What do they do in the meantime when you are busy trying to get the informations they need from you?

Hubert

50543[/snapback]

Hubert, I understand your perspective, and believe me.... we are all very frustrated. I am friends with, as well as a customer of, the owner of the shop.... so in his own words "of all people, I would not want to disappoint you Al". I have offered to also look into whatever info I can find on the issue, as we all want to get this resolved ASAP.

Hence my questions ;)

Thanks

al

Thanks!

al

50520[/snapback]

Fax # Al?

Feel free to post it.

Todd, I've PM'd you my FAX.  I don't want to post it publically to avoid someone war-dialing the thing after some crawler harvests it  :P

Thanks for the offer.

al

50636[/snapback]

Hey Al. Let me know if I got it correct when you get the fax. Thanks.

Hey Al. Let me know if I got it correct when you get the fax. Thanks.

50637[/snapback]

Or better yet scan and post it so we can reap the harvest :food:

But that may be too much work...digital camera :huh2: