MG Ti Pipes Are Available Again

... well, I went by Moto Italiano to check on my electrical saga, and noticed that they had the ECU from one of the Titanium "Race" kits on my bike for testing.

So I joked with the owner that, "hey, how did you end up with a spare ECU from one of those kits?"... and he said, "it's not spare, we have 5 new sets that just arrived!"

Long story short, they've had these 5 kits on order for over a year, and they too were told not to hold their breath that any more would be coming. But just the other day they got a Coppa Italia in with a set, and then got the call that their backordered sets were being delivered.

Now, does this mean that the Ti kits are back in production? I have no idea, but can say that some dealers may be getting some more in, so check with your dealer for availability.

I think that right now, Moto Italiano in San Jose has 4 kits available.

al

I'll check with my dealer about getting them but they jacked the price up realllly high, Told me $1200 they are doing an insurance job I hope goes through without any problems but even if I get them to put in the Ti's instead of the OEM muffler on the one side is $550, So I would have to pay $650-$750 which isn't all bad if I wasn't buying a house in 3 weeks. :unsure: I'll figure something out I don't want to half-ass it I know how that works you like it for a little while then you regret it for the rest of the time you have it unless you change it or sell it. :homer:

Moto Italiano in San Hose has only one kit left and I am in the process of buying it. Yes, I know, it is a bit pricey, $1221.00 plus shipping. However it's better than the $1500 or $1600 to get em from the uk. I really shouldn't spend (charge it) the money, but I can't hep myself. I have been chomping at the bit to get these babies. I want to here the music. Kind of like Betowven's frustration when he had lost his hearing. He kept demanding the orchestra play louder, and louder. He desperately wanted to here it.

It does seem as if they are being produced again and should be coming to a theater near you. Gotta love the Guzzi.

Rocketman

Moto Italiano in San Hose has only one kit left and I am in the process of buying it.  Yes, I know, it is a bit pricey, $1221.00 plus shipping.  However it's better than the $1500 or $1600 to get em from the uk.  I really shouldn't spend (charge it) the money, but I can't hep myself.  I have been chomping at the bit to get these babies.  I want to here the music.  Kind of like Betowven's frustration when he had lost his hearing.  He kept demanding the orchestra play louder, and louder.  He desperately wanted to here it. 

It does seem as if they are being produced again and should be coming to a theater near you.  Gotta love the Guzzi.

Rocketman

50763[/snapback]

Wow, those went fast. They literally had 5 sets, with only one set spoken for, a day ago.

:o

al

Wow, those went fast.  They literally had 5 sets, with only one set spoken for, a day ago.

:o

al

50770[/snapback]

Thanks a LOT al, I was going to get a set for my bike when the insurance went through now I'm boned :angry: its ok tho, maybe its something not meant to be maybe I'll just save some money and get Ti' ovals or save even more money and get the FBF's I hate being so indicisive :luigi::huh2::homer:

DeBenGuzzi,

I say hold out for the ones you love. I was just in the right place at the right time, kinda the may my career has been. These are just the first kits to hit the US. You should start to see them at many dealers. I spoke with Paul at Atlanta Triumph, Ducati a week ago, his sources told him to expect the kits by mid May. I hope they sound as cool and fit as cool as they look. I too have been undecided. I just about purchased a pair of oval carbon M4's but at the last minute decided to hold out for the ones I really love. I also struggled with the high mount of the MG titaniums. Because of loosing the soft luggage option (my logic just about got the best of me). Purchasing my Rossa red Lemans didn't have anything to do with common sense or practicality. It had everything to do with passion. Hang in there my friend. You will get yours.

Rocketman

Rocketman,

You don't have to lose the soft luggage option with the Guzzi Ti's. Just use the standard hangers and the Ti's fit at the same angle as stock mufflers. My '03 Lemans is setup this way, with Guzzi Ti's and Teckno soft luggage. Have fun!

Joe

Rocketman,

You don't have to lose the soft luggage option with the Guzzi Ti's.  Just use the standard hangers and the Ti's fit at the same angle as stock mufflers.  My '03 Lemans is setup this way, with Guzzi Ti's and Teckno soft luggage.  Have fun!

Joe

50889[/snapback]

Do you possibly have a picture of how they look this way? I haven't seen that and I'd rather use the stock hangers personally. :huh2:

:nopic:

Guest Barnapkin

Gee. I gouess I won't tell everyone that I just got a set of TI pipes for $850US from my dealer. OOPS! Silly me. :bbblll:

Gee.  I gouess I won't tell everyone that I just got a set of TI pipes for $850US from my dealer.  OOPS! Silly me. :bbblll:

50930[/snapback]

$850??? where is this place does it exsist? are you lying? I want IN!!!! :lol:

Screw the ti pipes, Ben. Just now got the Quat-D non-catalyzed on...

MONDO throttle response -- sound from heaven -- full post soon...

v50

Ben,

I don't have a picture. But the Guzzi Ti pipes fit the same as the factory mufflers, so if you have seen any bike with the Teckno soft bags, that is how it looks, except with titanium pipes. No big deal.

If I take a pic I will display it.

Joe

Guest jerrylaco
$850??? where is this place does it exsist? are you lying? I want IN!!!!  :lol:

50934[/snapback]

I picked up my new Coppa Italia Friday and they just happen to arrive with a set of Ti slip ons and the new Titanio ECU - gratis per Seacoast sport cycle in Derry NH. They sound awesome and look like a piece of art.

I went for a ride around the lake tonight and never stopped smiling.

I picked up my new Coppa Italia Friday and they just happen to arrive with a set of Ti slip ons and the new Titanio ECU - gratis per Seacoast sport cycle in Derry NH. They sound awesome and look like a piece of art.

I went for a ride around the lake tonight and never stopped smiling.

51076[/snapback]

As far as I knew Coppas come with the Ti's stock. So don't rub it in <_ i get mine. and if not be happy with whatever until can actually ahold of them sell what have. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_duim.gif" alt=":thumbsup:">

Guest jerrylaco
As far as I knew Coppas come with the Ti's stock. So don't rub it in  <_< I'll get mine. and if not I'll be happy with whatever I get until I can actually get ahold of them and sell what I have.  :thumbsup:

51079[/snapback]

They come with these black cans stock. The dealer offered them to me, but I have the cans from the last two bikes down my cellar still. Maybe it's a secret promotion where they do come with the bike and the dealers can use their discretion of whether to charge or not. :race: