Redline in 6th

O2 V11

Rev-limit in 6th, no... However, the new Coppa Italia we (Sportbike Mag) tested did a radar-verified 139.2 mph up in the high-desert with zero tail-wind (@2500 ft. of elevation). Fastest magazine-tested stock Guzzi to date.

51237[/snapback]

Hey racer...have you tried the S4R? if so, what do you think?

I'm curious myself....specially after running in to this pic. :P:

(yes, that's nos on the forks!)

DSC00782.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is absolutely amazing! When does that show up in the magazine?

On the newsstand now:

cw_whatsnew_4.jpg

Todd

p.s. I have two comparo's in this one, including the cover shot... which I'm on the MV F4.

Hey racer...have you tried the S4R? if so, what do you think?

I have not yet ridden the S4R, but much like all the other 4v'ers I've ridden, they make ok mid-range, in trade for mondo top-end power. That one's definitely bling and, heh, I bet the NOS makes it so much more mellower a bike to ride.

Todd

Hey Todd,

Congratulations!!!! I was just thumbing through that mag yesterday at the grocery store. I had no idea you had contributed. Did you write the section on the Coppa Italia? I noticed right off that it had a very positive tone as 'the most surprising of the group' and so on.

Also, is this the magazine (the one you posted) that has the top speed listed at 139 mp that you were talking about? It looks like a great magazine with well-written articles. It even had a nice section on Moto GP and the riders to watch. Cool.

Ok, now I'll go back and pick it up.

Hey Todd, Congratulations!!!!  I was just thumbing through that mag yesterday at the grocery store.  I had no idea you had contributed.  Did you write the section on the Coppa Italia?  I noticed right off that it had a very positive tone as 'the most surprising of the group' and so on.

Thanks... I've actually been testing with them since 2001, and have been writing since 2003. I did not write the "Soulful Sporting Twins" article (which is by the editor Jason Colon). There was a big conflict of interest for me to do that one, as aside from being the SoCal club Guzzi rep, I was also the SW US Rep for MZ when that was written.

Also, is this the magazine (the one you posted) that has the top speed listed at 139 mp that you were talking about?  It looks like a great magazine with well-written articles.  It even had a nice section on Moto GP and the riders to watch.  Cool. Ok, now I'll go back and pick it up.

Yes, we radar tested the Coppa for this issue at 139.2 mph. FWIW, this annual is a "Cycle World Special" as printed in the lower right corner on the cover.

Enjoy,

Todd Eagan