Redline in 6th

O2 V11

I don't get it....

Fast is what feels fast. 80mph can feel real fast. I mean 132 or 135....roads so boring you got nothing better to do than watch the speedo?

KB :sun:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it....

Fast is what feels fast. 80mph can feel real fast. I mean 132 or 135....roads so boring you got nothing better to do than watch the speedo?

50835[/snapback]

Only with one eye :homer:

Mike

Dlaing..  are you talking 120 on the 401 eastbound?  what the heck you doing up in Ontario?    Toronto's my old home town...

My dad lives in Toronto.

Great town, but life is better in Sunny San Diego :sun:

I also lived in NYC, so I made a few trips to visit dad on the Danforth@Pape.

Back then, the 401 speed limit was 100kmh while the US roads were 55MPH.

There were a few RCMP on the 401, so I gambled....but otherwise a great high speed road with long clear stretches. I imagine the traffic is heavier than ever now.

I have to go back and visit...as I have not been there in 15 years.

I don't get it....

50835[/snapback]

Boring? Hell no. You do 135 in a school zone. Makes it more interesting. Actually, I did the 130+ thing one time out in the country after just exiting the school zone. The kids were all making "wick it on gestures", so naturally, I obliged. The other two times I passed the 130 mph mark was on a short 3/4 mile straight approaching the freeway on the way home and the other was on Hwy 32 between Deer Creek and Soda Springs. Very little straightaway and probably one of the prettiest roads in California for a sport bike (IMHO). California Highway 32

I use a Sigma also and check the time at the next coffee shop. No time to look down at these speeds! WAY too much else to pay attention to. I've had the 'Cobra' (2000 V11 Sport with my own exhaust and K&Ns) up to 128.6 last Fall. This was no way pushing the limit. In fact, it felt like it was just getting happy. With a good day, good 'track' and clear vision, I might try to improve on this somewhere this season. I've alread hit 120 mph last week messing around with a Beemer GS1150 in the country side. Again, PLENTY left to go.

I use a Sigma also and check the time at the next coffee shop.  No time to look down at these speeds!  WAY too much else to pay attention to.  I've had the 'Cobra' (2000 V11 Sport with my own exhaust and K&Ns) up to 128.6 last Fall.  This was no way pushing the limit.  In fact, it felt like it was just getting happy.  With a good day, good 'track' and clear vision, I might try to improve on this somewhere this season.  I've alread hit 120 mph last week messing around with a Beemer GS1150 in the country side.  Again, PLENTY left to go.

51114[/snapback]

Enzo I thought you died :lol: or ditched this site or something of that nature you've been scarce. :huh2:

I think I haven't been around because I am just now getting back in the motorcycle mood. I had a 'barn' built for my Guzzi and have home projects going on - like a complete remodel of my upstairs bathroom. And then, I had some electrical problems with the Guzz that Greg Field had to sort out for me.....

So, I haven't been riding or feeling the urge to.

And then last week I caught Valentino again, and the old Guzzi craving began moving like sap up an old tree. The bike was fixed, and we had a very good run out for our monthly 'Guzzi Breakfast'. You can read about it here:

A thread started by Greg Field (mario)

and here:

another breakfast ride report

Unfortunately, I will be around now for occasional commentary and ridicule. :whistle:

Rev-limit in 6th, no... However, the new Coppa Italia we (Sportbike Mag) tested did a radar-verified 139.2 mph up in the high-desert with zero tail-wind (@2500 ft. of elevation). Fastest magazine-tested stock Guzzi to date.

Rev-limit in 6th, no... However, the new Coppa Italia we (Sportbike Mag) tested did a radar-verified 139.2 mph up in the high-desert with zero tail-wind (@2500 ft. of elevation). Fastest magazine-tested stock Guzzi to date.

51237[/snapback]

That is absolutely amazing! When does that show up in the magazine?

P.S. Canadian Biker magazine will be testing my MGS next week at Mission Raceway.

in my experience the max speed on a naked is a little bit over 200 km/h (130 mph)

this is due to aerodynamics.

Guzzi also gave 205km/h as max speed for the naked

and 220 for the faired LeMans.

I have put on a small bikini fairing on my sport and will test

what it delivers as soon as I get the new pistons broken-in

and the PCIII mapped.

I think I haven't been around because I am just now getting back in the motorcycle mood.  I had a 'barn' built for my Guzzi and have home projects going on - like a complete remodel of my upstairs bathroom.  And then, I had some electrical problems with the Guzz that Greg Field had to sort out for me.....

So, I haven't been riding or feeling the urge to.

Unfortunately, I will be around now for occasional commentary and ridicule. :whistle:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

51207[/snapback]

Fine: so put the pix of your BIKE & your mods back up on your website already! The "Rolling Crow Lite" site sux; I haven't been back for more than the occasional peek since you went to the "all-commentary, no content" format.

Yeah, I don't listen to talk radio, either! :vomit:

Ride on!

:race: