Dyno results in

Guest slowpoke

What is CWhlPw and ECETrq?

How does the Hobbsport dyno compare to the Dynojets in the US that measure in SAE HP?

I noticed the Torque and HP do not crossover at the same point....

51106[/snapback]

Ummm..have not got a clue. I know that when I was waiting at Hobbsport I read a long leaflet about the differences in SAE and ECE but I am jiggered if I can remember what it was. I am sure that someone on this forum will know.

I understand that the Hobbsport dyno is famous for giving "lower" BHP readings than other local dynos, but racers seem to keep coming back to them and they have an impressive CV when it comes to setting up winning race bikes.

I guess the actual difference made to the motor is much more important than theoretical numbers.

Hobbsport used to run a Guzzi race bike in the Earlystocks series a few years back, which actually won a sprint in the rain against much more powerful opposition.

I can recommend them to any UK Guzzi owners.

Guy :helmet:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Interesting.

Since you both have the balance pipe, you probably both have the higher compression pistons.

In the US, I believe the balance pipe and high compression pistons got on to the the LeMans in 2003 and the Nakeds, etc. a bit later.

51089[/snapback]

I thought that Todd Eagan or Mike Haven or somebody had pretty much thoroughly debunked the factory's claims of raised compression on the later models, putting it down to advertising hyperbole?

Besides, the power difference between a pair of 9.5:1 pistons and 9.7:1 pistons probably doesn't add up to as much as dyno-to-dyno calibration variations...

;)

Ride on! :bike:

That is true.... I'd love to know if they actually did *measurably*(or even actually attempted to) bump the compression as of 03+ bikes, as the marketing literature stated.

al

51206[/snapback]

Al,

I pulled the owners manuels out to my bikes, my 00 V11 Sport came with 9.3 to 1 compression. My 03 Rosso Corsa came with a 9.8 to 1 compression ratio. I would say if your bike has the front crossover, then, it should have the slightly higher compression pistons.

My 03 Rosso does have more low end torque than my 00 Sport. This could be from the front crossover and perhaps the half point higher in compression. :huh2:

Dyno results differ day to day and if you want high horse power readings on paper then have you bike dynoed on a cool day by the ocean at sea level. Air temps, humidity and elevation can change reading, or I should say, make your bike produce more horsepower. But most of you guys knew that by having your bike run really good on those damp mornings :thumbsup:

Mike

Guest Frankie100Chili
Here is a picture I took of Slowpoke's Quat-D.

And a bigger picture if anyone wants to see the slim look of the bike

http://www.scripps.edu/~dlaing/v11s/images/slimfurias.JPG

and http://www.scripps.edu/~dlaing/v11s/images/furias.jpg

i had this Quat-D on my ex V11 2002.

My impressions were not good... now i Have a new V11 with a new type of Quat-D Ex-Box full exhaust system

guzzi_sul_mare.jpg

Now the bike run very well!

I don't have a dyno run... but my impression are very positive :D

Now i have ordered one Power Commander III USB... I believe the performance can improve. ...i hope :blink:

hi to everybody and sorry for my bad English :helmet:

:D

..that was(is) a very nice bike. I see you stole my wheels :rolleyes:

Aesthetically, and practically, I really like the Quat-D solution, especially in black.

However, again, I am somewhat disappointed in the posted performance results *so far*.

If over time, we see some larger samples of people's experiences, and some better performance, I might consider it as an option.

The only other issue I have is that it is a single outlet. I really do like a twin with dual exhausts :bike:

al

Guest slowpoke

Anybody out there ever used straight pipes with drag baffles and reversion cones on their Guzzi? Maybe with a crossover near the heads? It would probably be a bit loud but an interesting proposition. You know Buell has a system similar to the Quat-d only possibly a bit more advanced. I was behind a custom carbon fiber Buell recently and not only did he smoke me but he sounded awesome.

Guest mathieuguzzi

Hi Frankie,

Can you enlighten me as to the differences between your former Quat-D system and the ''new type of Quat-D Ex-Box full exhaust system''. Apart from the headers that, as I can imagine, are integrated into the full exhaust system, what are the technical differences inside the box ?

Thanks for your help

Mathieu

My impressions were not good... now i Have a new V11 with a new type of Quat-D Ex-Box full exhaust system

guzzi_sul_mare.jpg

I don't have a dyno run... but my impression are very positive  :D

Now i have ordered one Power Commander III USB... I believe the performance can improve. ...i hope :blink:

51316[/snapback]

guzzi_sul_mare.jpg

I don't have a dyno run... but my impression are very positive  :D

51316[/snapback]

Damn, Frankie. I guess it was just not in the cards for my bike to be the princess of internet Guzzi lust for more than 24 hours.

My bike looks good -- yours looks GREAT.

Nice work.

anyone know where that Fly screen came from? I might look into switching it out if its not too expensive mine looks nice but I'd rather get away from the obvious buell link if reasonable otherwise I'll leave it. I'm just going minimalist but nothing excessive. :helmet:

Guest slowpoke

Mathieuguzzi, I can not tell you what the design/insides look like on my older/non-race Quat-d look like. I wonder if V50 man took any pictures of the insides of his Quat-d and exactly what is going on inside of the mysterious "Quat-d". ( I only wish that the Quat-d somehow came up with 85+hp and 68+ torque at the rear wheel). Too much to ask for?...probably

Guest mathieuguzzi

Well, you know Frankie is teasing (us) me with its assertion that the 'new design' is a whole complete story performance wise... I am ust curious to know whether Quat-D has a new offering.

In fact, I share the same opinion Al sumed up earlier : the look is great, just waiting for the performance. I already have a pair of Mistral carbon cans plus a stucchi crossover. That combo works absolutely great. And I am not ready to trade performance for look. I want both...

Mathieuguzzi, I can not tell you what the design/insides look like on my older/non-race Quat-d look like. I wonder if V50 man took any pictures of the insides of his Quat-d and exactly what is going on inside of the mysterious "Quat-d". ( I only wish that the Quat-d somehow came up with 85+hp and 68+ torque at the rear wheel). Too much to ask for?...probably

51483[/snapback]

Think of the "new" Quat-D as a "U". In its stock form, both headers feed into the front half of the muffler -- and push to the left where ALL exhaust must pass through the catalyzer. Hence, it is quiet, restrictive and good on low-end while a BIT lacking on the top-end.

In "Race" form -- the catalyzer is removed -- and you are essentially left with a "U" shaped expansion chamber. Great sound and (I hope) awesome top end (will know when bike comes back from tuning).

Can't speak for the "old" design, but the new one looks to be a real winner.

Sound files and impressions when back from ATD tuning...