The Sport has arrived

guzziownr

My Red 2004 V11 Sport Naked flew into JFK airport by truck and I picked it up today. It was in a motorcycle specific container with doors at either end like a huge steel cracker box.

I pushed it out, and poured in 2 gallons of gas. I connected the battery and it fired up very quickly. The ride home through rush hour could have been better but I love the bike and felt at home in a few miles of riding.

This was one of my favorite forums from its inception -- I always wondered why I was attracted here. I guess it was meant to be.

David in NYC

3Kings.jpg

RedSport.jpg

Congratulations, beautiful bike.  I have a black 2000 with red frame and sometimes think it would look better with the colors reversed.  Didn't know they came that way...

John

51209[/snapback]

I bought a black Jackal in 1999. V11 ownership was just a dream then...

DW

Congrats!!!

It's the best all-round bike I've ever owned. Should be a good city bike for you -- it is for me.

Hint: After it's broken in, start running RedLine 15/50 and city heat won't be as big a factor.

Again, all the best - and welcome.

Congrats!!!

It's the best all-round bike I've ever owned.  Should be a good city bike for you -- it is for me.

Hint:  After it's broken in, start running RedLine 15/50 and city heat won't be as big a factor.

Again, all the best - and welcome.

51215[/snapback]

where do you get redline and what do I need to look for exactly? I want to do that for my next oil change at 12k and I'm at 10k now so could be next month? :grin:

Guest whart

congrats, David- bet it looks even better in the flesh. Looking forward to a ride with you up here in the country.

where do you get redline and what do I need to look for exactly? I want to do that for my next oil change at 12k and I'm at 10k now so could be next month?  :grin:

51218[/snapback]

DeBen --

I order it through Summit Racing of Akron Ohio. They've got a website.

If you're not running the SHockproof HEAVY in your gearbox and differential, I suggest you do so. These products are the best I've come across -- and I've tried 'em all.

Hint: When ordering from Summit, their shipping is free -- but there's an $8.95 "handling" fee -- so I try to order in bulk. Super fast shipping -- good folks.

dittos on the forum guzziownr. Welcome as well :bier:  Do you have a group to ride with there?

Nice '75 el dorado and the new '04 sport naked looks awsome.

51221[/snapback]

To me the group gets too big after the third guy/gal. We try to keep it stealthy and local law enforcement likes it that way too.

There are a lot of Guzzis around NYC. On my way to pick up my bike I hooked up with Tom LaNasa on his green and black 1000S. While I was looking for a spot to park I heard a familiar rumble and some dude on a Rosso Mandello came by so quick I didn't have time to wave.

There is another Rosso uptown by Columbia U. It has big Guzzi stickers on the carbon silencers and the owner can't be bothered to wash it. He parks on the street in a somewhat dodgy area.

I want to go for a ride tomorrow but I blew off work to pick up my bike today.

DW

Hi Guzziownr,

Congrats with your new bike. I wish you many happy and troublefree miles on the road.

BR

Søren

PS: I just love that 1000S - especially the black/green version. Gotta have one one day...

007.jpg

Picture's nicked from Jan Biesel's homepage

The ride home through rush hour could have been better but I love the bike and felt at home in a few miles of riding.

Congrats on the new bike :bier:

My bike hates city traffic. You can just tell by the way it sputters occassionally...it's like a horse chomping on the bit...it wants to RUN. When I get it out of town and on the open road, you can tell it's in its element and loving it :bike:

Enjoy the ride :mg: