Injection covers

biesel

Hmmm, well I dunno. Personally I'm reserving my judgement until I see some photos of them installed on a LeMans/Sport. It might not be too bad to have the cables, TPS, etc... covered neatly.

I'm not buying any today :grin:, but if anyone installs them, please post some photos. I'd be curious to see how they turn out :)

al

No useful function and ugly the same, installed or not IMO.

I have yet to see any of these vanity modifications adding anything to the esthetic appeal of the bike.

I have yet to see  

....my point exactly ^_^

So I'll defer my judgement until I see some installed. Because honestly, it's often hard to tell how something looks until it's put into context. I'm not saying I want or am considering buying these TB covers, but all the same I don't want to condemn them just because they aren't something I find attractive after a cursory review. I'm willing to "give them a chance" :)

No useful function... IMO

Certainly one is entitled to their opinion, and I would *never* say otherwise or discourage anyone from espousing it.... as that would diminish the value of this forum. But in this case, consider that one could convincingly argue that these little covers somehow "protect" the throttle-body bits on top, even if just a little.... if that's something one is concerned about.

Personally?? ...I'm not concerned about protecting the throttle-bodies, but hey it's OK with me if someone else wants to dress up their bike with these and thinks they offer some technically functional, even if small, benefit as well.

how ugly can you go? / I have yet to see any of these vanity modifications adding anything to the esthetic appeal of the bike.

So, I hope I don't upset anyone at this point, but I wanted to comment on this a bit...

In the last few weeks, we've had 2 or 3 threads comment on how "ugly" someone's idea was... including my own comment on how ugly that Ghezzy-Brian "Cylon" exhaust is! :lol: ...ah hem, uhhh, sorry... :P

But here's something to keep in mind... I think we've all added personally aesthetic items to various bikes, cars, houses, etc... in deference to whether or not it necessarily adds functionality or if anyone else thinks it's attractive. And that's OK in my opinion, after all it's all a matter of personal taste, and accessorizing and personally customizing one's bike is one of the most entertaining aspects of this hobby :bike:

Jan might think these are nifty, and even if everyone else thinks the covers are ugly... we should respect his personal sense of style, and try to answer his questions about applicability, not just brush them off because we don't find his idea attractive. Consider that this reaction might hurt his feelings a bit, and make him less likely to participate in the forum in the future... which would be our loss.

After all, open communication and bouncing ideas off one another is the value communities like this offer. And I don't want to discourage that.

Bottom line, please understand that I'm not trying to impose any morality here or be the "sensitivity police" :rolleyes: ...... but at the same time... just as a friendly reminder: We have to be aware that email is sometimes no substitute for face-to-face communcation. And even with cutesy smileys and such, it's easy to step on someone's feelings and convey the wrong meaning, even if well intentioned or just poking fun in a format like this. Heck, I know I've been guilty of the same many times in forums and email over the years, so I try to be as careful as possible to not give the wrong impression. But I'm not perfect either :blush:

So I just wanted to let people know that when I pick on something, I am just "picking" and having fun. If you think something looks snazzy, "to hell" with everyone esle's opinions :lol: ... GO FOR IT! :thumbsup:

Then post pics and let us know how it turned out, because I bet there's going to be at least one or two other people lurking out there that also think your idea is a good one :) ...and hey, the worst that could happen is that you'll be the only one with this part on your bike, and being different isn't really a bad thing ;)

Anyway, just something to keep in mind... I certainly don't mean to upset anyone, and I'm not referring to anyone in particular BTW.

My thoughts: Just take a minute to read your post, and if afterwards you aren't quite sure if someone will "take it wrong" or not... err on the side of caution and add as many disclaimers and smileys as necessary :D

I just don't want to get to a point of too much "brutal honesty" around here such that people become afraid to post unique ideas for fear of public ridicule....

Calling the "bad taste police" is pretty funny, but just telling someone their idea is "ugly" might be a little brusque... but of course that's only my opinion :P

Let's keep up the open and honest communication, but just take care.

Apologies in advance if this came across as too heavy-handed ..."clunk" [stepping off of soap-box] :rolleyes:

al

[bTW, Jan has not said that his feelings are hurt as far as I know. And I am using him as an example completely without his permission.... apologies Jan :)]