Injection covers

biesel

I don't think the injection covers will help much for that particular rust spot. It's just a low grade retainer clip and any moisture, whether direct or atmospheric will allow it to oxidize some. The shaft below it should have adequate seals so if you choose do douse it in WD40 or something to slow down the oxidation, I don't see where that would do any harm. The covers would probably be an additional nuisance at the next maintenance interval anyway.

Personally I think the throttle bodies are the ugliest things on the bike  

...true, considering how picky the Italians seem to be in regard to style versus function, I have always been surprised how unattractive the TBs were in both design and finish, especially when compared with all the other bits surrounding them, including the engine as-a-whole. It seems that they could have easily made them more integrated or "finished" looking.

Not a big deal, but just odd....

Feel free as far as I am concerned.... :)

...I don't make the rules here, nor mean to sound like I'd like to. Hopefully it didn't come across that way.

I was just making a general comment from my perspective. Like I said, I'm not trying to be the "sensitivity police" or impose any politcal correctness :rolleyes:

al

...true, considering how picky the Italians seem to be in regard to style versus function, I have always been surprised how unattractive the TBs were in both design and finish, especially when compared with all the other bits surrounding them, including the engine as-a-whole. It seems that they could have easily made them more integrated or "finished" looking.

It's just what you're used to. Carburettors are also designed for function and not for style. And people like them. Hell, I've seen necklaces with 14 carat miniature Dell'Orto's.

*laugh*... carbs as jewelry eh?

Of course with most bikes, except maybe the R BMW's, the carbs and TB are hidden within the frame or behind body-work to some degree.

Ours on the other hand, are sticking right out there for everyone to see :)

I wonder if it would be worth the effort to polish them, or something else? ...probably not. Personally, they don't really bother me, but I have thought a few times that they could look a bit better. Everything else in that general area is fairly well sorted and finished, so they stand out as somewhat of an afterthought.

all-in-all, I'll probably leave mine alone... it's certainly no where near the top of my "priority list" to do anything about them ^_^

al