Boot Recommendation Requested

Guest ratchethack

Guest ratchethack

Thanks, Dave. Didn't know about Chaparral. I'd consider a ride out to San Berdoo to try a pair on (at least it ain't LA). If they fit, I'd buy em. But - according to their Web catalog - no gots my size in either model. <_< Has the Web destroyed forever (as with so many other things it seems) any ability whatsoever to find a decent selection of boots in stock?

On a philosophical note, is this progress? :moon: It'd be one thing if you could get a price break from any of the Web-based suppliers, but you can't even get that. Grumble, grumble... puts on old cheesy boots... :bbblll:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the Web destroyed forever (as with so many other things it seems) any ability whatsoever to find a decent selection of boots in stock? 

It has always been tough.

And if manufacturers offer volume discounts than the little guy is out of luck.

I kind of like the trend of Cycle Gear stores where they use their volume discounts to bring us good prices and you can go in and unlike the web you can go in and try stuff on.

But still they don't always carry what we need.

The local Guzzi store can't compete for most parts and they don't move the parts quickly enough to stock them. So, they end up ordering it mail order anyhow!

I don't know if you have checked out cycleport in Escondido, http://www.motoport.com/

great Kevlar and Nylon products! But lousy selection of boots.

Their Kevlar/nylon blend mesh pants and jackets offer full air with abrasion resistance that they say is better than leather. Maybe, maybe not. But as I understand it is much stronger than the nylon mesh.

Machine washing it is probably a bad idea as the kevlar can beat the nylon to shreads.

I wish they would make boots of the stuff!

They do carry boots, but not will ventlated.

Guest ratchethack
The local Guzzi store can't compete for most parts and they don't move the parts quickly enough to stock them. So, they end up ordering it mail order anyhow!

Roger that :doh:

I don't know if you have checked out cycleport in Escondido,

Yep, every few months or so, and again just last Saturday.

lousy selection of boots.

Yep. <_<

They do carry boots, but not will ventlated.

I don't get it.  It's hotter In Escondido in the summer than just about anywhere in the county. :huh2:

52103[/snapback]

Ratchet, I also wear Bates boots and if they are comfortable here in Texas in the summer (which they are) you might give them serious consideration, venting or not. These have been resoled 3 times, are over 15 years old and still are comfy and look good.

• 1 month later...
Guest ramon61

Look at the Sidi Strada Evo Air. I have the Evo Tepor (non ventilated) version and it is a fine boot. They are plain black, no glitz, little graphics. Bought from newenough.com, very nice people.

ramon61