Second bike

DeBenGuzzi

I may have found the second bike I've been searching for, Not outragous, generous riding position (respectively speaking), Reasonable price(agin Respectively) Naked Like I'm also Drawn too from a Company that is more stable than the Sands Hotel AND the biggest selling factor is that it will be able to come with large touring bags almost identical to the Adventuer series out now. :P:

160bhp 94flt lbs (and can be imporved with open airbox and new exhaust) :food:

Only 15kish tho :unsure:

I know there are some BMW Buffs floating around on this board anyone have some thoughts or experience? I know ugly to one is a jewel to another.

Of coarse I'll have to sit on it and take it for a spin(if they let me) b4 I drop that kind of bank on a bike but I think I'm in love,.... for now :wub:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben, you ignorant, unfaithful slut! Have you been reading Motorrad fluff?!? You my friend need to see a marriage counselor. There are BAD influences on this board and elsewhere who taunt us with tasty hardware. YOU MUST RESIST!!!!

Don't be tempted by that Teutonic/Bavarian Whore with her unnatural attributes and communicable stench!!!

Faithful as she might be for a person of great wealth, you are NOT, so stick to your beloved and shower her with the attention that she deserves...you will not regret it!

My humble opinion, your mileage may vary. :2c:

Awwwww but I really really want one. and thier financing is amazing it wont be till next season so I'll have plenty of time to stew on it. And I have to get approval from some friends(more importantly the wife) so I don't look like a Dolt on it. I sat on a Triple 1050 and I looked like a 16 year old on a mini bike. I've even been told I look too large for the V11 So I'm a hard man to fit on most of these new age bikes my large frame and ape arms are a hinderance. I'd look fine on a bulky cruiser but I'm not even looking at those until I'm over 30 at the earliest. MY Goose will Not be playing second fiddle I'll still ride her to work and most trips I want a rip roaring sunday bike that has room to travel. :food:

I don't even like my Guzzi cruiser (wife does though), much less a pork barrel from another manufacturer. Something more exotic appeals. I wonder if Motorrad disses the MV Augusta F4 1000S? I wouldn't mind one of those. Not a Guzzi of couse, but simply pure Italian. Joe Camarda says I'm nuts. Maybe I should wait for an MGS02...

just between you and me, nobody is listening, right?, I sometimes regret not having married a BMW...or Ducati...or BMW...or Ducati...or...

...and would not be suprised if THAT BMW is the greatest naked ever built!

But I am not into cyborgs :P

A bike that does fit large riders is the Quota.

If they put the Breva 1100 engine in the Quota with a sixspeed box and a little better front forks, undertranny exhaust and a narrow tail-section with availabilty of GIVI or HB saddle bags, I'd be all over it. :P:

Its water cooled and has more than two cyclinders. Get the r1200st

51621[/snapback]

If I got another Twin id prolly be the Aprilia RSV R. I personally thing the 1200st is butt ugly BMW doesn't always get it right THO it does look comfy. :huh2: I'll go down and look at them all later this summer at my local dealer too bad that dealer BLOWS and I'll have to ride an hour away to goto a Good! dealer.

But I am not into cyborgs  :P

"THE ULTIMATE RIDING MACHINE" ... see they don't get it, they call it a machine... the bike lover affair is lost on some people

they sell you the hole in the ground, so you just worry about the destination...

me?...I like the journey as well...& nice shovels ... :helmet:

On the subject of second bikes though......

I do have a couple..... :blush: ...... :grin:

A 'classic' Triumph triple.....

and a British designed, Japanese engined, German built big single.....

[Rolf Harris mode]

Do you know what it is yet?

Nige. B)

An intervention may be in order here before deben strays to the dark side. He sounds like a big fella, though, a Taser may be needed.

I have had at least one BMW in the garage for about twenty years, so I am qualified to give one-sided, skewed, perverse, and totally ignorable advice on this subject. The beemer has always been a good tool for covering ground in the real world. I believe "Bike" magazine from England found that the R1100S was faster over their real world testing loop than the Ducati 999. I believe it. Usable power, compliant suspension, more comfy ergos, etc. = real world speed. BIG FREAKIN' DEAL! The beemer has no soul, no character, no anima. No big,thumping, grin-making motor.

Also, the packaging is too much like a car with densely bundled and inaccesible geegaws that can make maintanence a nightmare. Modern BMW is notorious for ignoring and/or denying problems on the bikes. And BMW riders can be total chumps equal to the likes of Harley riders when it comes to ridiculous brand chauvinism

Oh hell. I need more coffee so that I can make more sense, but you get the idea. How about a Benelli, or Aprilia, or MV Brutale. Otherwise, we might have to get mideval (sp?) on your ass with a Taser.

An intervention may be in order here before deben strays to the dark side.  He sounds like a big fella, though, a Taser may be needed.

I have had at least one BMW in the garage for about twenty years, so I am qualified to give one-sided, skewed, perverse, and totally ignorable advice on this subject.  The beemer has always been a good tool for covering ground in the real world.  I believe "Bike" magazine from England found that the R1100S was faster over their real world testing loop than the Ducati 999.  I believe it.  Usable power, compliant suspension, more comfy ergos, etc. = real world speed.  BIG FREAKIN' DEAL!  The beemer has no soul, no character, no anima.  No big,thumping, grin-making motor. 

Also, the packaging is too much like a car with densely bundled and inaccesible geegaws that can make maintanence a nightmare.  Modern BMW is notorious for ignoring and/or denying problems on the bikes. And BMW riders can be total chumps equal to the likes of Harley riders when it comes to ridiculous brand chauvinism

Oh hell.  I need more coffee so that I can make more sense, but you get the idea.  How about a Benelli, or Aprilia, or MV Brutale.  Otherwise, we might have to get mideval (sp?) on your ass with a Taser.

51673[/snapback]

Velo,

I could of not said it better with coffee!

You are spot on! :notworthy:

Mike

I am of strong opinion that 1 bike cannot do all. To think this is to offer yourself a dis-service. I'm quite happy with my little group of widely varied bikes, but am missing a modern superbike. There will be a time soon that I get myself a big bore Jap superbike, but a usable one. I can't ride ZX10's or GSXR1000's for long, my body can't take the contortion. But a Hyabusa or more probably a post 2002 ZX12 [the early ones had problems] with heli bar kit. Comfortable, very nice power delivery, basically right off idle, and slippery enough body that if the right wrist of conservative, decent mileage. And they can be had for quite decent prices, as they are now regarded as the machine that could not beat the Suzuki for top speed.

I was at a bike swap meet a couple weeks ago, and several machines ran up on a rear wheel dyno. The big '12' still runs 167hp bone stock, with 95 pnds torque. A stock ZX10 ran [only!] 145. Made the 52hp [really] 1550cc harleys seem silly by comparison.

Anyways, that's the next one.

Ciao, Steve G.