NW 200

belfastguzzi

Did you turn over to UTV, if you can get it? Good programme on "one of the most spectacular races in the world", 11.30 - 12.00.

Enjoy the scenery at 200mph

Unfortunately no UTV where I live. Bollocks.

51911[/snapback]

There's a programme on each night 'til the weekend's big race. I'll see if I can get them taped.

Are you going? If I can get the day off, I'm gonna head up.Sadly no Scots riders nowadays,(still miss Hizzy) but dont want to miss it , cant make the island(again) and the Ulster isnt til August. Still, Skerries is only a couple of miles away, as far as I know middle of June.

likewise don't think its amongst mine

was nice to see the other though - apt to see a Britton won in Ireland :D

For those who couldn't see it all three races were won by an Irishman by the name of Britton

No chance in hell of getting any of that here. Have to pop in V-four-Victory for the hundredth time and put my Joey Dunlop poster up in the living room for atmosphere.

Lucky bastards.

fish :race:

No chance in hell of getting any of that here.  Have to pop in V-four-Victory for the hundredth time and put my Joey Dunlop poster up in the living room for atmosphere.

Lucky bastards.

fish :race:

51942[/snapback]

so is he related to the Dunlop tire company? and what if he rides on michelins is that sacralige?

Deben you "living on the edge" crazoid. Blaspheming against Joey Dunlop is like spitting on the pope. He is the God who would come in from a lap on the Isle of Man with paint scraped off the side of his helmet. Was rubbing his helmet against the roadside cottages at an unholy speed as he sped past, dontcha know. Valentino Rossi is a pantywaist in comparison. Have you seen V-Four-Victory? Trundle yourself down to the local church and light a candle in atonement for your heathen ignorance before the wrath of the Manx faithful descend upon ye. And God have mercy on your soul.

fish

Joey Dunlop, surely he will be a saint one day. Anyone even remotely in tune with the world of motorcycling will remember him as the master of the I.O.M., and miss him. What a shame he left us so early!

Ciao, Steve G.

Are you going? If I can get the day off, I'm gonna head up.Sadly no Scots riders nowadays,(still miss Hizzy) but dont want to miss it , cant make the island(again) and the Ulster isnt til August. Still, Skerries is only a couple of miles away, as far as I know middle of June.

51930[/snapback]

No I can't! Working all day on Belfast's Lord Mayor's Parade!! The council brought it forwards by a week!!! Don't start me!!!!

And it looks like they've got the best line-up for years with a lot of interest from GB riders.

What about this? – Police are using this as an opportunity to crack-down-on / educate bikers, so a local radio station is holding a text poll, "should speed limits on the roads be lower for motorcyclists?" !!!!!

and what if he rides on michelins is that sacralige?

51948[/snapback]

It would be a miracle :(

Sadly,cant make it either. What an utter bastard. :angry: Echo the points made about Joey,some man. Almost as good as Hizzy :P:notworthy: both sadly missed. I still believe if he had got the chance,he could have won in gp's. The win on the Norton at the TT was just incredible.

Sadly,cant make it either. What an utter bastard. :angry: Echo the points made about Joey,some man. Almost as good as Hizzy  :P:notworthy:  both sadly missed. I still believe if he had got the chance,he could have won in gp's. The win on the Norton at the TT was just incredible.

52012[/snapback]

Agreed.

I was in the grandstand when Hizzy won on the Norton.

I will never forget that.

I had the privelege of meeting both of them. They were down to earth dedicated, talented men. :notworthy:

As you say, both are sorely missed.

Nige. :race:

Hey BFG, got the video set up for tonight? 1 hour on the run up to the North West. For the benefit of any colonial readers, this is a race on public roads where speeds can reach 200mph,chicanes along the prom,4abreast under the railway bridge into a fast left,etc....There's nothing else like road racing.Last night the Tandragee 200 was very fast, bumpy roads sometimes in pouring rain,stones from riders in front shattering screens,180mph on a track barely wider than your average Cadillac, no run off,no false bravado or ego's just incredibly brave guys doing the business.

Apart from that,it was quite boring,really.

Snowboarding? Extreme sport my arse.

uh yeh.. I do worry what effect this sort of thing has on impressionable minds. I'm considering saving my tape for Celebrity Love Island, whatever that is.