NW 200

belfastguzzi

I have ridden most of the NW200 course and tried to visualise where and how they would do 200mph, and found it difficult to comprehend.

Big J is spot on with his comments.

Total respect to these heroes.

:bier:

I have ridden most of the NW200 course and tried to visualise where and how they would do 200mph, and found it difficult to comprehend.

Big J is spot on with his comments.

Total respect to these heroes.

:bier:

52078[/snapback]

I was given a tour of the course by a good friend who raced there in the 80's. I heartily agree with all of you!

Wish I could be there. Have a drop or two for me!

Driving past the docks today I saw/heard loads of bikes coming off the ferry, heading up to the North West. And I can't go :(

There were a couple of bikes pulling trailers and also a shiney BMW tourer – on a trailer, behind a big luxury camper van. :wacko:

So, BFG, what's your costume for the Lord Mayors show? Squirrel? Kermit? Giant chicken? Come on Belfast, tell us yer secret!

52188[/snapback]

er., maybe I am the Lord Mayor. :notworthy::xmas:

Deben you "living on the edge" crazoid.  Blaspheming against Joey Dunlop is like spitting on the pope.  He is the God who would come in from a lap on the Isle of Man with paint scraped off the side of his helmet.  Was rubbing his helmet against the roadside cottages at an unholy speed as he sped past, dontcha know.  Valentino Rossi is a pantywaist in comparison.  Have you seen V-Four-Victory?  Trundle yourself down to the local church and light a candle in atonement for your heathen ignorance before the wrath of the Manx faithful descend upon ye.  And God have mercy on your soul.

fish

51960[/snapback]

Hail Yer Man! Joey was a living legend and when he passed away more than 50.000 people followed him to the grave. Talk about devotion!

Besides that I saw the North West 200 on Eurosport and what a race! :race:

McGuiness, Farquahar, Rutter and the lot make Valentiono and Sete look like a pair of sissies when they thunder down the public roads. Mind you that these chaps don't race on a dedicated track. Unbelievable...

Me think that Eurosport run another NW 200 program here on Wednesday evening so do yourself a favour and tune in and watch these incredible men on their incredible machines.

Søren