Hot 990 Duke video

Guest Bruce

Guest Bruce

This on-line video of the new KTM 990 Duke was quickly pulled after a coupla days for being too over the top. In an apparent triumph of KTM's Marketing Dept over their legal consul, It's back! Of course now you have to agree to the disclaimer. Go to www.990superduke.com and click around ( you have to click on the picture in the lower LH corner ) a bit to get it going. Looks like just the thing for the modern day bad ass, no doubt the Wild One would approve.

I was raving about those things the second I heard about it. The video was a clincher but its not coming to the USA until 2006, maybe 2007? They look sooo awesome its sick. No tank range and not good for a passenger but who cares right? I want a wheelie machine that can handle itself on the street and not do 175mph. :notworthy:

i will never be able to do a tenth of what the stunter does on the video, but i did rode one of them SuperDuke and, yes, it surely can do all that !

it's an amazing bike, altho it's really terribly ugly and i don't wanna hear the beauty is in the eye of the beholder as one second sitting on the bike and looking down at the controls will show you how BAD it looks.

But it goes like f********, brakes very well, is light and agile, it accelerates like if there was no tomorrow. And it doesn't make your back and your wrists hurt. :-)

it's actually pretty similar to the way an Aprilia RSV reacts.

the most amazing thing is how fast it can be. A friend of mine owns one (he had several big ducati's before) and it's very funny to see that trailie looking thing eating up R1's and GSXR's as soon as the roads start to swirve a bit.

i will never be able to do a tenth of what the stunter does on the video, but i did rode one of them SuperDuke and, yes, it surely can do all that !

it's an amazing bike, altho it's  really terribly ugly and i don't wanna hear the beauty is in the eye of the beholder as one second sitting on the bike and looking down at the controls will show you how BAD it looks.

But it goes like f********, brakes very  well, is light and agile, it accelerates like if there was no tomorrow. And it doesn't make your back and your wrists hurt. :-)

it's actually pretty similar to the way an Aprilia RSV reacts.

the most amazing thing is how fast it can be. A friend of mine owns one (he had several big ducati's before) and it's very funny to see that trailie looking thing eating up R1's and GSXR's as soon as the roads start to swirve a bit.

52352[/snapback]

Thats funny because I'm thinking of getting an Aprilla RSV next season. Hmm food for thought. I'll have to shop around and feel things out. :grin:

People who ride like that are dumbasses and should have their hospitalized bodies turned into living body part repositories so that the victims of the accidents that they cause can have fresh organs :bbblll:

But nice bike :D

:notworthy:

The only time I have ever pulled off a nose wheelie like that is on a bicycle. :cheese:

I would be even more impressed if some could pull off a nose wheelie with a 180 on a V11 Le Mans!

:rasta:

52381[/snapback]

I'd be afraid the forks would snap off if we did a nose wheelie, I really want one of these if they aren't a fortune they sound tried and true don't know about the longevity of the bike but high quality and well made. Super light quick strong and easy to control. Only problem is you can go 80mi on a tank of gas which is fine I max out at about 80-100 and stop so its be more of a sunday bike like I want but if this thing comes here at $15,000 I'll say forget that and look at what I have been looking at an RSV for $10,000 :huh2: maybe pick up a Super duke when my V11 has gone far past her prime. if they actually produce them for more than a year or two, its hard to say with a new bike and market thats probably more of a Fad right now (good for me I've always liked the Sport Nakeds more than most) But like internet companys we could see the motorcycle boom blowout :huh2: