buy locally, oops

francesco

I bought my Guzzi by the only dealer in Montana, after I found the Guzzi I wanted in Texas and told the dealer. I paid the price he asked me with out even tempting to negotiate, even though was a model 2 years old. I did everything in order to start a good relationship with a dealer ( 7 hours away ) so he would take special care of my bike, and when I need him...

>

cazzo, so much for trying, now I just hope in good carma and let's see.

hi mr. new dealer I need new cases, and to fix the multiple oil leaks, all under warranty. right :drink:

I know a guy that bought a Guzzi from Big Twin in Boise and then left on a trip to Crater Lake in Oregon. A pretty fair distance away. The bike broke down so he called Big Twin. They not only immediately sent out a trailer to pick it up, they brought along a loaner without even being asked to. These are the kind of dealers ANY marque needs. Guzzi needs them even more. And there will never be enough.

Sorry to hear about your initial dealer woes, but it sounds like the alternative is quality shop too, so hopefully they'll support you as well as the first did before dropping the brand.

And BTW, I think you did the "right thing" trying to support your local dealer. It's just that there are too many things working against US Guzzi dealers right now, that your gesture apparently just wasn't quite enough to save that one.

So, on the note of "local dealers".... anyone have a good recommendation for a dealer close to the Raleigh, NC area?

al

I can vouch for Big Twin also. It's been nearly 10 years ago, but they helped a friend with his airhead BMW when he had alternator troubles on our cross county tour. They went out of their way to accomodate him/us. A good shop.