mY BIKE WAS STOLEN LAST NIGHNT

Guest rrbasso

It's 1:15 a.m. in Atlanta -- AND I CAN'T SLEEP!!!!!

Tony was as gracious a human being as I've ever encountered -- riding all the way to Hollister to help someone he didn't even know (me) get a seat fitted to his bike.

I take this as a personal affront. I'm pissed.

I'm frustrated -- can't do anything.

If this bike isn't recovered -- and isn't insured -- I'd like to be the first to offer up $200 to a fund to get him a replacement. If Jaap can handle this -- great. If anyone else has an interest in this, please post a reply.

Enough of us doing the same could help out a moto brother who must right now be in hell.

Can't stand it when bad things happen to good people.

I'm through -- sorry for the rambling. I want to hit something, but the only thing still awake in the house (besides me) is my cat, Noodles. F**k it -- I'll just go pet her and try to think nice thoughts.

It'll be hard.

Hang in there, Tony.

v50

:huh2::huh2:

That's a very generous offer, and I can respect that it would be nice if anyone on the forum wanted to contribute to a "fund" for his stolen bike. But I bet he has insurance ;)

That being said, just for "condolences", if anyone wanted to donate some money to the "cause" in general, I'm for that. I'd donate $20 or so to a general, "man that sucks" fund.

But again, as far as replacing the bike, I suspect(hope) he has insurance :thumbsup:

And yes, I too wonder if JM has heard anything about his stolen Daytona :(

BTW, don't forget to cross-post this to BARF and SBR, and maybe Club Desmo, I'm serious. You will get a lot more "eyes on the road", especially Bay Area Specific, that might turn up your bike. That seat is pretty darned specific.

al

Guest rrbasso

You Guys are sooo cool thank you for all your support, luckly I do have ins so we will see how that goes, the thing is I dont want anyother bike I want my baby back ! I have to think it was a jeark kid that didnt know what is was, I just cant see another Guzzi person doing this :(

Guest Dave Pott
I want my baby back
,baby back, baby back, ,,, :whistle:

Damn, Tony! That whole thing just sucks :bbblll: Man, I hope you get it back real soon and in the same shape...'cause we need meet at the toll booth at the Richmond/ San Rafael bridge and make a run up Hwy 1.

Good Luck,

Dave

Damn, I leave town for a couple days and all hell breaks loose.

Sorry Tony- I know how you feel, and although I can't help much from Iowa, I'll keep my eyes and ears open- also for Miss Daytona...

Jason

Tony...guys who are into Guzzi's are not into stealing...of course is either a punk stunter or a thief ring which unless they're taking your bike to some obscure black market in South America that we don't know about,... i just don't see the demand for our bikes to call for such action.

it sounds like a joyride to me... f*@k, we'll hope for the best...

i feel you.. hang in there man :thumbsup:

Guest rrbasso

Thanks for the link I just put it on, I got all the local Bike clubs looking and all the Local shops all 2 of them keeping look out, also I have taken to driving all around the bad spots of Oakland till the late houres of the night I just got to find her ! :(

Guest rrbasso
Any news, Tony?

53655[/snapback]

Last friday the ins comp called me and said that my bike was recoverd, I went through the roof ! then they called back and said it was a Type O and it was still gone, so no good news. The think that kills me even if the insurans comp does pay off I got such a good deal on my Guzi that I wouldent be able to get another one, I called the dealer and for the same bike they want 4000 more then I got mine for ! I know I got a good deal but Shit 4000 more is a lot of green. I am still hoping it will turn up !

Did you get your seat ??? :(

that's terrible!!

and yeah, the cost of the sports going up does not suprise me. one of the guys at my shop is traveling whenever he gets the chance to buy a new sport model to sell.

...then they called back and said it was a Type O and it was still gone,

53660[/snapback]

How cruel. <_ i wonder if they just wanted to test your reaction in search of insurance fraud. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_knownothing.gif" alt=":huh2:">

Anyway, we all hope you get it back.

My V65 was stolen and I got it back three months later, and chances are with a Guzzi, it was just for a joy ride and you will get it back.

Last friday the ins comp called me and said that my bike was recoverd, I went through the roof ! then they called back and said it was a Type O and it was still gone, so no good news. The think that kills me even if the insurans comp does pay off I got such a good deal on my Guzi that I wouldent be able to get another one, I called the dealer and for the same bike they want 4000 more then I got mine for ! I know I got a good deal but Shit 4000 more is a lot of green. I am still hoping it will turn up !

Did you get your seat ??? :(

53660[/snapback]

Got the seat. excellent.

Will get a pic and post soon.

Again -- thanks for your help.