Good day for Italians

belfastguzzi

1, 2, 3 & 4

This just gets better & better. Must have been one of the most consistently great races today. I even had to feel happy for moaning Max. Really happy for little Loris, throwing & wrestling all the way to the last corner and a fantastic podium. Valentino ^_^B):wacko::sun::notworthy: etc etc etc

That was one hell of a race. Haven't seen Max Biaggi in such a good mood since waaaaay back :bier:

Pity though that Sete crashed and left Vale with such a massive lead. There's no way in hell Sete will ever recover that gap. Marco Melandri however, looks like an upcoming star. He has balls, he doesn't give a toss whether it's Max, Loris or Vale - he just puts the hammer down. Respect!

Søren

To promote parity in the series, I will donate my BMW R100 for Rossi to ride. This might even things up a bit. Might have to leave the hard bags on to give the other fellows a chance, though.

Does anyone else do this-- four riders battling in one curve and the positions start to scroll across the bottom of the screen partially obscuring the action. I sit up in my chair trying to see around the graphics. sigh

Great race, but I did not know that they were going to 800cc in 2007. Why?

fish

Guest philbo
1, 2, 3 & 4

This just gets better & better. Must have been one of the most consistently great races today. I even had to feel happy for moaning Max. Really happy for little Loris, throwing & wrestling all the way to the last corner and a fantastic podium. Valentino ^_^  B)  :wacko:  :sun:  :notworthy: etc etc etc

53479[/snapback]

That was definately the best race so far this season and I think Rossi earned his win. I'm not much of a Biaggi fan but he ran a good race as well. I'm definately looking forward to Catalunya next weekend - nothing better than riding the goose all morning and sitting down for lunch and some racing in the afternoon - her indoors might see it differently but what the hell ...

... nothing better than riding the goose all morning and sitting down for lunch and some racing in the afternoon - her indoors might see it differently but what the hell ...

53555[/snapback]

Try with flowers - it always works! :P (done it several times and it gives you so much cred for the next couple of days.....)

Søren

Guest goffredo
That was definately the best race so far this season and I think Rossi earned his win. I'm not much of a Biaggi fan but he ran a good race as well. I'm definately looking forward to Catalunya next weekend - nothing better than riding the goose all morning and sitting down for lunch and some racing in the afternoon - her indoors might see it differently but what the hell ...

53555[/snapback]

Well, I am a BIG fan of Biaggi and I am here with a pint waiting to hear from the experts who claimed Honda should have invested more in mmm what's his name? Ah, yes, Hayden! The one who was so much better than Biaggi...

Cheers,

G. :helmet:

Guest philbo
Well, I am a BIG fan of Biaggi and I am here with a pint waiting to hear from the experts who claimed Honda should have invested more in mmm what's his name? Ah, yes, Hayden! The one who was so much better than Biaggi...

Cheers,

53582[/snapback]

Truth be told, my reason for not being a Biaggi fan is after watching the Faster DVD several times, he seemed extremely arrogant but I guess his "win at all costs or crash trying" attitude is what racing is all about.

The best I did was make it to B grade because my self preservation instincts always kicked in at the wrong time and I backed off before over stepping that limit - so I'm probably not one to talk.

I guess we'll have to wait and see where it ends up ... it still makes for good spectating ..

Cheers.

Cheers,

53582[/snapback]

I'm right with ya. When I read about all of the strings pulled to get him in MotoGP, I was thinking: well, he's a good US based rider, but he's going to play with the big boys now. It will take him a while to be competitive, any of the would smoke me of course, but the level of riding is off the charts!

but the level of riding is off the charts!

53635[/snapback]

yes, this is exactly it. When you look at the credentials of the riders, there are just national champs, very good contenders or world champions, etc...it's totally amazing !

but what counts also is the equipment: look at some of the champs there and see how "badly" they do in the charts: look at Shakey Byrne (British SBK champion), riding the Proton: wouldn't he be among the top ten if he had a decent ride ? John Hopkins would be totally lethal if he was on a RCV...

I think it's so competitive, the slightest amount of bad luck and/or not-right-there equipment multiply the bad performance and make one rider look like "passé" when in fact he's just "only" two seconds off the pace...

re: Biaggi. He's an awesome rider but he's riding against E.T.

Rossi is not from this world and it must be very painful to feel like you're beating yourself against some rock over and over again cos the guy does what he wants with his MR1 ( and he's also very good at psychology: rossi entertains the idea that the Yamaha is much slower when in fact he was only 2 mph slower than Max's)

anyway, it's a great season to watch and it's one of the last one: from 2007 onwards, the new 800cc rule will just kill the show imho.