V11 concept..

TheToeCutter

Hi guys, I'm not yet a member of the Guzzi club, but have been an Aprilia rider (99 RSV, 04 RSVR) for the last 5 years and looking for something new. I love the v11 Naked (black) and I would love to get one, fit bar end mirrors, try and find someone who makes an old style reverse cone mega phone system, and even perhaps go for some spoked wheels. I think this would be the coolest cafe racer, with heaps of character. The only thing holding me back, is this will be my only bike and I'm worried I'll be disappointed at the performance since the Aprilias.... What do you guys think?

BTW, has anyone got any pics of the mods I mentioned?

Toe --

The Aprilias will SMOKE a V11 -- if you want more performance, get an R1.

If you like loads of character and torque, look into the V11.

As it happens, I have a black naked with some mods...

http://www.zigzagsoftware.com/pictures.html

SOUND...

worldstormartslab.com/dropbox/QUAT-D/

Also, check out Frankie 100 Chili's trick black naked bike...

guzzi_sul_mare.jpg

Toe --

The Aprilias will SMOKE a V11 -- if you want more performance, get an R1.

If you like loads of character and torque, look into the V11.

As it happens, I have a black naked with some mods...

http://www.zigzagsoftware.com/pictures.html

SOUND...

worldstormartslab.com/dropbox/QUAT-D/

Also, check out Frankie 100 Chili's trick black naked bike...

guzzi_sul_mare.jpg

54426[/snapback]

Yer, that's just so fricken hot, I love the look of both those, I don't know what it is but those bikes just stir the loins. I think it's motorcycling in its pure form? Does that make sense or sound like waffle? But you guys are rite, I need to test ride one for sure, before I start the sleepless night phase. I love shopping for new bikes.

Guest Nogbad

I tried out a Buell XB12R last week. Huge grin factor, those things are really bonkers. Very similar power delivery to the V11 without the fuelling glitches and a lot lighter. If you lean back you can loft the front on the throttle in 3rd gear.

I tried out a Buell XB12R last week. Huge grin factor, those things are really bonkers. Very similar power delivery to the V11 without the fuelling glitches and a lot lighter. If you lean back you can loft the front on the throttle in 3rd gear.

54435[/snapback]

Yes, the Buells have some really cool design philosophies, but I just couldn't bring myself to own anything with a Harley stamp on it.... :P

BTW, I take it that any fuelling glitches that exist can be sorted with a PCIII?

Guest Nogbad
Yes, the Buells have some really cool design philosophies, but I just couldn't bring myself to own anything with a Harley stamp on it....  :P

BTW, I take it that any fuelling glitches that exist can be sorted with a PCIII?

54437[/snapback]

A lot of people have PCIIIs. I doubt it solves the problem, which is allegedly due to the inability of the 15M ECU to handle slop in the timing gears. A PCIII simply modifies the response of the existing 15M. I only find a problem on neutral throttle between 3000 and 4500 revs and you can ride through it. Sometimes the bike fluffs and misses when you try to accelerate after a period on the overrun, but its just character. It isn't that bad.

There is a guy called Cliff who offers his own design of tunable ECU called a "My 15M" Worth a look.

As for the Buell. I hear what you say about H-D, but that bike was a blast and I'm having one for next summer!

Guest davidb

My brother owns a buell. They are as reliable as a guzzi. bring a cell phone, cash and a gun until you get the bugs worked out, then you can leave the gun at home. speed is about the same, but the buell will pull the front up easily. the buell is tighter in the corners, but if you get 2000 miles from your tires on a buell, you are not riding it hard enough.

bring a ... gun

54439[/snapback]

sounds dangerous – won't you get tempted to shoot the bike? :wacko:

Guest Nogbad
My brother owns a buell. They are as reliable as a guzzi. bring a cell phone, cash and a gun until you get the bugs worked out, then you can leave the gun at home. speed is about the same, but the buell will pull the front up easily. the buell is tighter in the corners, but if you get 2000 miles from your tires on a buell, you are not riding it hard enough.

54439[/snapback]

I might get a new one with the 2 year warranty. They are supposed to be better than they were reliability wise. Anyway MY V11 seems reliable enough. The oil is still in the bevel box and forks, the relays are still working and the battery stays charged.... :D

:grin: Toe,

The only thing that is the same between the Aprilia and guzzi are that they both have two wheels.

I had a 02 Falco and it was a very easy bike to ride compared to the Guzzi. Buttery transmission shifting, slipper clutch, a fast reving engine, well balanced and handling bike.

Reason for selling it was, I just rode the Guzzi's more. The Guzzi just plainly has soooo much more soul. Is it the vibes from the 90 degree V twin, or the clunkieness of the transmission, or just the lines of the bike that make me want to ride it all the time?

Oh yeah, no need to stand around putting your helmet on and gloves while your bike warms up to temp so you can ride away. The Guzzi is a start up and ride away type of bike.

As far as the PCIII, this is not a magic box to get more horsepower, it is a device which corrects the Air/Fuel ratio of the engine to get the maximim power out of the engine (remember the engine is just a vacuum pump). The stock bikes from 2003 up, run really good from the dealer. If you change the exhaust, air intake system, then you will need to adjust the fuel system to get the most from the mods. My 03 Rosso was perfect from the dealer and when I changed to a free flow exhaust, the bike ran terrible. Yes, the PCIII corrected the problems.

Humm, I am also thinking of purchasing a Aprilia RS250 for track days. What a way to learn cornering speed. :grin:

Mike

As for the Buell. I hear what you say about H-D, but that bike was a blast and I'm having one for next summer!

54438[/snapback]

Eggnog, this could be the one for you:

HBWP2.jpg