Mail order Parts??

Guest Troutrider

Guest Troutrider

Did a short Father's Day loop this morning and got home to find one of my rear turn signal lenses gone. A bit of orange was still attached to the screw. Is this a normal occurence? Should anyone stock this item? Mainly though, I'm wondering if someone can recommend a dealer in the states that has a good parts inventory and good mail order service. Harpers? or some other. I figure I'll order 2 of whatever I need to avoid these problems. BTW, I'm now near 1k miles and had the 1st service done. It's feeling stronger every time I ride....Anyone got a spare lense in the drawer?

Troutrider

Guest Nogbad
Did a short Father's Day loop this morning and got home to find one of my rear turn signal lenses gone.  A bit of orange was still attached to the screw.  Is this a normal occurence?  Should anyone stock this item?  Mainly though, I'm wondering if someone can recommend a dealer in the states that has a good parts inventory and good mail order service.  Harpers? or some other.  I figure I'll order 2 of whatever I need to avoid these problems.  BTW, I'm now near 1k miles and had the 1st service done.  It's feeling stronger every time I ride....Anyone got a spare lense in the drawer?

Troutrider

54428[/snapback]

Tapped one of mine lightly on my gatepost just lifting the bike upright and that was enough to snap the post the screw goes into and knock the lens off. They are fragile like an eggshell!

Did a short Father's Day loop this morning and got home to find one of my rear turn signal lenses gone.  A bit of orange was still attached to the screw.  Is this a normal occurence?  Should anyone stock this item?  Mainly though, I'm wondering if someone can recommend a dealer in the states that has a good parts inventory and good mail order service.  Harpers? or some other.  I figure I'll order 2 of whatever I need to avoid these problems.  BTW, I'm now near 1k miles and had the 1st service done.  It's feeling stronger every time I ride....Anyone got a spare lense in the drawer?

Troutrider

54428[/snapback]

Try the closest Buell dealer. The colour is a bit smokier but the price is a lot cheaper! If you buy the whole assembly it is more flexible and durable.

Agreed with Twhitaker. All of the above are good dealers. I'll through mine in the mix too, cause they'll do you right. Ned's Auto and Cycle in Riverside, IA 319-648-3241

For a light lens, a Buell dealer is going to be your cheapest option as Jim said.

I dropped my bike over onto a rail, cracked the fairing, slightly bent the stalk...and the lens is fine :huh2:

Eh, no blood, no foul.

• 3 months later...
Guest bshpilot
Did a short Father's Day loop this morning and got home to find one of my rear turn signal lenses gone.  A bit of orange was still attached to the screw.  Is this a normal occurence?  Should anyone stock this item? 

im my search for the smoke cover/part number ive discovered

that im apparently not the ONLY person to have this happen to now....

makes me wonder whats goin' on w/ the signal lens covers....

in my particular case i lost the lens/cover and screw COMPLETELY...

theres no sign of anything hitting or breaking the signal stalk/lens

at all.

that im apparently not the ONLY person to have this happen to now....

makes me wonder whats goin' on w/ the signal lens covers....

in my particular case i lost the lens/cover and screw COMPLETELY...

theres no sign of anything hitting or breaking the signal stalk/lens

at all.

60883[/snapback]

Foul play is afoot. (or cue BFG fowl play - the orange smoked lens stealing chicken)

Foul play is afoot. (or cue BFG fowl play - the orange smoked lens stealing chicken)

60884[/snapback]

Funnily enough I mysteriously lost a rear indicator lens near Coleraine not far from Belfast Guzzis stamping ground- it just disappeared.

Maybe his obsession with orange things has let to this bout of kleptomania and he has a big pile of them in his chicken shed.

Guy :helmet:

I think MPH cycles in Houston had them for competitive prices. Worth calling Todd and company anyway as they do support the site and Guzzis in general. I don't know of anyone closer.

For strictly mail-order stuff, you can peruse www.mgcycle.com. lot's o' parts.

Add me to the Buell choice.

I recently slid my Le Mans down the asphalt and have to replace most of the left hand side. To replace ONE Guzzi turnsignal (front and back are the same price) was $59.61 (entire assembly not just the lens). The same part from Buell is $23.70 and is actually a better product (soft rubber, flexable stem rather than the hard plastic Guzzi stem). I am replacing ALL four of my signals with the Buell products and am still coming out ahead. ;)

I lost the left front lens on a dirt road. Same thing, the plastic post was all that remained.

The dealer recommended coating the screw with soap when I put the new lens on. He said it helps to lubricate the plastic as the screw cuts its new thread. He was most emphatic about not over-tightening.

As an extra precaution I used silicon sealant.

After market lenses cost AU$15 while the whole assembly cost AU$25.

Guest bshpilot

i got myself over to my local HD scalper i mean dealer...

they had NEITHER side lens (typically about 2bucks each) but

they had the ENTIRE stalk, (which includes the stalk, inner orange & outter

smoked lens' for all of 10bucks)