Scary moments

thgil

Had a bit of a situation on sunday with the guzzi,blatting around the A39 and fully enjoying the twists and turns when lost all control of the back end.Here we go again something else gone wrong!Pulled over only to find i had a puncture,so off the guzzi goes again on the back of a tow truck.After getting the bike home and inspecting the tyre for nails etc found that the schrader valve was compeletly lose.Has this happened to anyone else or is it just me!

...haven't heard of this particular issue, but we have heard of at least one of the "metal"(questionable as to what they are made of apparently) valve stems cracking and leaking :huh2:

But on the whole, I don't think these have proven to be a problem.

al

YES. Same happened. If you mean the valve was completely loose because there was no nut to hold it in place, I've posted here before to say this happened and of course the tyre goes completely flat because the valve drops into tyre when you're riding. The nut split, of its own accord, and disappeared. Valve stem also splits around circumference and gives a slow leak. They may be light, but these are rubbish parts for a motorbike, especialy a heavy V.11. Replace with stainless steel.

Guest Nogbad
Replace with stainless steel.

54936[/snapback]

Sir! Yes Sir!

Already done. As you now realise, I have been clandestinely following your maintenance programme. After you reported the monkey metal valve incident, I had mine changed at the same time as a new tyre.

Sir! Yes Sir!

Already done. As you now realise, I have been clandestinely following your maintenance programme.

54939[/snapback]

I decided not to do that piston mod. I'm waiting for YOU to do that one first. How much do you reckon needs taken out, on the cut & shunt, to get her up to a 2.5?

Guest Nogbad
I decided not to do that piston mod. I'm waiting for YOU to do that one first. How much do you reckon needs taken out, on the cut & shunt, to get her up to a 2.5?

54942[/snapback]

Sorry Belfast, I'm a follower not a leader. Always better to learn by someone else's mistakes........

Always better to learn by someone else's mistakes........

54947[/snapback]

:mellow: (note to ed: lightbulb smiley needed)

– why didn't I think of that!

Guest aironepony

Have alook at the "thread" ..Tyre (Tire) Valves, Pop!

It seems to me that it is something of a problem. ................ :thumbsup:

Have alook at the "thread" ..Tyre (Tire) Valves, Pop!

It seems to me that it is something of a problem. ................ :thumbsup:

55039[/snapback]

:huh:

What? Where?

Post a proper link you lazy fellow.

Guest aironepony
:huh:

What? Where?

Post a proper link you lazy fellow.

55342[/snapback]

Search and ye shall find. (V11 Forum, Chapter 9: verses 31 to 35)

Remember the journey is more important than the destination ( "Resolving Doubt" by Don Dolino, pp 89, pub Gore and Blimey 1927)

..................... :thumbsup: