Nero Corsa- TWEAKED!

Guest whart

Guest whart

Well, I finally got my Nero Corsa first round of upgrades installed (by dealer) and back on the road and they add up to an improved riding experience:

Argal adjustable footpegs- a bit of a bitch to install, said the dealer, but once set up, these give me an extra zone of comfort, say an inch down and back, which makes a considerable difference in how i am sitting on the bike. I can now more easily put my weight on the pegs- which look gorgeous by the way- and lower my center of gravity. Huge improvement, ime.

Williamsville Risers- i was a little ambivalent since the hunched over riding position is actually pretty comfortable for me, but these take a bit of weight off my wrists, and the bars now seem to be adjusted a little "in" which just seems less fatiguing. Nice improvement.

Stucchi X-over; Staintune Cans; PC- the bike seems to have more low-end grunt, throttle on is very smooth, no flat spots, but holding at 3k rpms in 2d- I was following a very slow truck for a few minutes- produced some backfire-type noises. The cans look and sound phenomenal- i wasn't sure i'd like the highly polished look, but it's great. Oh, did i mention the sound? Deeper, louder and fuller, without being obnoxious.

tail piece eliminator- the one Al R. recommended- looks great- made by the same guy that did the one for the Ducati. (I installed the one on my Ducati, and it was the classic "easy" kit- nothing really fit just so, took alot of jiggering.) Tail now looks like i think it should.

Snuck in two rides so far since i got the bike back last nite at 7pm- we've had some serious weather here, so no longer distances until it clears, sometime tomorrow.

Thanks, all for the tips and suggestions on these mods. This is the most comfortable, yet precise, bike i've ever ridden, and i'm suprised at how much i can dig in, and lean, despite the overall mass of the bike. More to come. :bier:

Guest whart

Pictures, "soon come," as they say in Jamaica. DW, i'll be around all weekend.

Interesting ride this morning- no sooner than a mile down the road one of my shifts felt unusually sloppy. At the next shift interval, there was nothing for my foot to catch but air- the little peg on the shifter had disappeared. I downshifted to first on the lever itself, turned around, and found the peg a little ways back on the road- the bolt holding it was nowhere to be found- it didn't shear off, it looked, to my unmechanical eye, that the thing was probably never fully tightened, and worked its way out.

So, a local took me to Lowes, i bought a metric bolt and a locking washer. Snug for now, but wanna get this right. So, i will call the dealer- i'm sure getting a bolt for the Argal adjustable foot control from the manufacturer is going to be impossible, but i'd like to put as strong a bolt in there as possible. I'm not heavy footed on the shifter- in fact, had the new controls for what- 2 days now?

Actually, you don't want a real strong bolt in there. If you were to (diety forbid) crash, then you want the bolt to shear rather than the argal shifter.

By all means, take it to the dealer to have them sort it, but if you do it yourself, just use a regular (6mm?) bolt and a tiny drop of red loctite on the threads. You'll never worry about it again.

Guest whart
Actually, you don't want a real strong bolt in there. 

55386[/snapback]

Thanks. Yes, it is a 6. The dealer is sending some stainless bolts, what i installed is some garden variety steel item. Locktite is a good thing. If the steel is ok, maybe i'll just do a better job cutting it to size (right now, i've got some assorted washers holding the thing together- remember, this was a classic fix it on the road endeavor). <_<

...Argal adjustable footpegs....give me an extra zone of comfort, say an inch down and back...

whart,

The pegs look nice. Position looks very close to original in pics, are they really that much lower/back? Do they come out wider than originals? Are they a Guzzi part? How much $?

Thanks, KB :sun:

Guest whart

Richard- yes, they will have to go. Baldini: The item is apparently offered by MG, and is shown on their websites, eg, http://www.motoguzzi-us.com/accessories/v1...l/controls.html

The cost of the parts is approximatley $500US. As you can see in the linked picture, the pegs are cams that are adjustable, and while i have not measured them against the original, they do seem to give me a little more leg room.

Guest philbo
Well, I finally got my Nero Corsa first round of upgrades installed (by dealer) and back on the road and they add up to an improved riding experience:

Argal adjustable footpegs- a bit of a bitch to install, said the dealer, but once set up, these give me an extra zone of comfort, say an inch down and back, which makes a considerable difference in how i am sitting on the bike. I can now more easily put my weight on the pegs- which look gorgeous by the way- and lower my center of gravity. Huge improvement, ime.

Williamsville Risers- i was a little ambivalent since the hunched over riding position is actually pretty comfortable for me, but these take a bit of weight off my wrists, and the bars now seem to be adjusted a little "in" which just seems less fatiguing. Nice improvement.

Stucchi X-over; Staintune Cans; PC- the bike seems to have more low-end grunt, throttle on is very smooth, no flat spots, but holding at 3k rpms in 2d- I was following a very slow truck for a few minutes- produced some backfire-type noises. The cans look and sound phenomenal- i wasn't sure i'd like the highly polished look, but it's great. Oh, did i mention the sound? Deeper, louder and fuller, without being obnoxious.

tail piece eliminator- the one Al R. recommended- looks great- made by the same guy that did the one for the Ducati. (I installed the one on my Ducati, and it was the classic "easy" kit- nothing really fit just so, took alot of jiggering.) Tail now looks like i think it should.

Snuck in two rides so far since i got the bike back last nite at 7pm- we've had some serious weather here, so no longer distances until it clears, sometime tomorrow.

Thanks, all for the tips and suggestions on these mods. This is the most comfortable, yet precise, bike i've ever ridden, and i'm suprised at how much i can dig in, and lean, despite the overall mass of the bike. More to come. :bier:

55307[/snapback]

Just curious about something - I have the same setup on my 04 LeMans (Staintute / Stucchi) and I find that the headers are a bit close to the sump right where the Stucchi connects to the stock headers. Have you got a noticeable gap or does it look pretty tight? Also about the mis-fire, I had the same problem and John T from Dyno Solutions tweaked my PC-III and made it a little richer at the bottom end. I still had the problem but after a bit of poking around, I found that the nipple for the vacuum hose on the right side was loose so I plugged both sides and removed a lot of the hoses as per Al's recommendation

(http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3139&hl=recovery

That seems to have solved the problem. I'm also going to do the lash adjustments this week so ... we'll see what happens.

Have fun.

Guest whart

Just curious about something - I have the same setup on my 04 LeMans (Staintute / Stucchi) and I find that the headers are a bit close to the sump right where the Stucchi connects to the stock headers. Have you got a noticeable gap or does it look pretty tight?

Philbo- i'll take a look tonite when i get home, and if i can, take a pic. Thanks for your input on the misfire.

One other thing, after riding the bike all weekend- i'm not sure i like the bar risers- maybe i'll have to get used to them, but it seems that i had less wrist pain when the clip-ons were stock...