The learning begins

John in Leeds

Many years ago I took my wife to look a new Spada III to commute 30 miles each day through heavy traffic. Reliability was questioned and so we came home with Kawa GT750 shaft.

Divorce then change tried a new Cali 1100i, bad fit for me so home comes CBR1000.

New partner and planned long distance tours tried Cali stone, two up comfort and tales of impressive reliability brings home BMW1150gs.

Can't get Guzzi out of my head - try a well sorted Centauro - close friend says bid really low - try it, like it, think about it, damn it, it's gone.

Hang about round local new Guzzi dealer agonising over brand new '02 model V11 Le Mans in black (so cool) heavily discounted. Family say 'buy it now' but.......

See add for 14 month old Le Mans Rosso Corse, 3000 miles, price. Nearly 350 miles later I see it in the pouring rain. The hairs stand on the back of my neck - this is the most gorgeous motorcycle I have ever seen. Start it and the engine chuffs at idle, the connection is made, the test in pouring rain shows her metal and my lack of recent practice. She must be mine - pay the man now!

350 miles home and now one week later the bonding is ongoing, long legs, very good speed - 7000 in top no problem, power everywhere, fantastic. Just a little firm on the bungees for me but I'm getting to the edges and with time and adjustment it will be right. Deep gloss paint polished again, no more rain for this beauty, not for a while anyway - How wonderful to have a motorcycle that stirs the blood again.

The sun has come out must go ride now, sorry!

Guest aironepony

Well done!

Very nice machine.

I haven't regretted acquiring mine. I'm sure that you will be very pleased.

Cheers................ :thumbsup: