My Pending Guzzi Le Mans

Dr Gil

Is this by chance a champagne V11 Le Mans from the infamous Dave Gross? (dkgross on this board) You'll get a bike that is perfectly sorted!

56115[/snapback]

Nope, sorry to disappoint it isn't Dave's bike. The previous owner (I now own the bike although don't possess it yet...that comes later this evening) is a fellow named John. Still, I'm putting on the brave face in spite of its not being Dave's bike. :D I'm SOOO excited!

drguzzi01.jpg

"atsa nice!" ;)

56202[/snapback]

Yeah, but those red valve covers look out of place! I'll trade you the black ones off my spankin' new anthracite 2003, whaddaya say? :whistle:

Congrats to the proud Papa! :thumbsup:

PS: you might want to look into relocating the fuel pump to the location Guzzi used on the Tenni to avoid hot-start vapor-lock issues. Look into it in the archives here; it seems to be about the only complaint about the 2002s vs. later models that I've noticed. Ride on! :bike:

PS: you might want to look into relocating the fuel pump to the location Guzzi used on the Tenni to avoid hot-start vapor-lock issues. Look into it in the archives here; it seems to be about the only complaint about the 2002s vs. later models that I've noticed. Ride on! :bike:

56277[/snapback]

Actually, if you check the link to the photos the seller posted, as well as the thread on Sport-Touring.net linked somewhere earlier, you'll find that the good Dr's 2002 is apparently a "late model" 2002, as his fuel pump is indeed in the Centauro/Sport1100i "out front" location already :thumbsup:

So he should be set pretty good to have a better chance at avoiding vapor lock :bike:

Actually, if you check the link to the photos the seller posted, as well as the thread on Sport-Touring.net linked somewhere earlier, you'll find that the good Dr's 2002 is apparently a "late model" 2002, as his fuel pump is indeed in the Centauro/Sport1100i "out front" location already  :thumbsup:

So he should be set pretty good to have a better chance at avoiding vapor lock  :bike:

56306[/snapback]

Yeah, thanks Al: I shoulda done my homework better! ;)

[i actually *did* follow up on his links after posting. Drrrr... :wacko: ]

Gaunyirsel, doc, you've got the full set-

New Guzz- check

Exactly the same daft unfeasibly happy grin I had- check

Playing hunt the spanner already- check

Look at the bike in idle moments, tiiiiiiiingle down your back- check

Wanna do more, ride more, tell more- check

Clinical Guzzichondria I'm afraid.

No cure.

Good feeling, innit? :thumbsup: