V11 Le Mans handlebar height

Guest StSailor

Guest StSailor

I know that there is a whole section on this elsewhere with suggestions, but the solutions seem to complex. I really would like to move the bars maybe 1 up and 1 inch back. There would be no clearance issues with the fairing. I know that other bikes have above-the-tripleclamp clip ons with some rise to them, like the Yamaha FZ600R, and was thinking that if the fork tube diameter is the same maybe it would be an easy switch if I could identify a match. If Guzzi would make replacement bars in one or two different heights, I'd gladly pay a couple of hundred bucks or more for them. Anyone ever do this?

....lots.

Check out the FAQ:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=565

Or do a search on "risers" or "bars" in the title, and you'll find numerous threads on the subject.

Risers of the type you describe are made by(in order of popularity):

MPH Cycles

Williamsville Cycles

Two Brothers Racing(one case of cracking though)

Daes Mototec(spelling?)

.... and several others.

And check out this recent thread:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5546

al

Guest MotoGeezr

I have the MPH risers and I wouldn't recommend them. Besides being rather expensive they do not raise or move the bars enough to make an appreciable difference. I'm still looking.

Guest MotoGeezr

Where can I get information, i.e., contact information, pictures, pricing, etc. on the Williamsville risers?

Wick, I received your message. When I have replacements mounted, the MPH risers will be listed.

The "search" function is a wonderful thing :whistle:

Forum Search for "Williamsville"

The search returned quite a few threads, including this one. But if you check through them you should find quite a number of photos of the Williamsville risers.

They are at:

http://www.worldbikes.com/wcompetition/

Hope that helps.

al

I've got a set of the Williamsville risers. I waited a long time to get them, as they are machined one at a time. None of this CNC, turn the machine on, come back later and and clean it up for shipment on these risers, no, no. They are incredibly well made. As are my MPH risers on my N'Corsa.

However, they were more expensive than my MPH risers with less rise, took longer to get and have much less adjustment capability.

Would I get rid of either? Absolutely not. I appreciate all the engineering and value of both. However, if I were to set up another V11variant with a riser mod (which I will), I will again go for the MPH. So, if you aren't happy with your MPH parts, please let me know. I am looking for a ste, I mean deal!!!

Wick