Chat room support?

Just curious if this board has a chat-room option/portal? Not a big deal, but it might be a nice thing to have as an option when more than two people want to chat casually outside of ICQ, etc...

I guess we need another poll :lol:

al

Guest Jaap

Well, you think you have a nice, full featured forum going and the there's is guy with too much free time and internet access who want's a chat room... :lol: What's next Al? A pop-up message on your screen whenever there's a new entry? (mmm, not a bad idea actually...) Or an online appointment-book so we can schedule and ride together?

Just kidding... :P A chat room could be an idea, however this forum hasn't got one. But judging by the amount of entries you make you could consider this forum as a chat room! :rolleyes:

Keep posting! You're a "forum-aholic" already. :) When reaching the 100 posts mark, you're in for a treat! I'll make a poll on how to gratulate you!

...yeah yeah, well you just went into "fanatic" mode yourself you know!!

Of course you're hiding behing that "administrator" moniker, but just lookee at your "4 blue squares" and the story is told! :rolleyes:

But yeah, the chat-room idea is not a big deal. I've only seen 3 or 4 people logged-in at any given time so far, so it's unlikely we'll have the right combination of people online at just the right moment to take advantage of it anyway. ...and we all have the ability to link to our various Instant Messenger services directly from the board... so no worries. I was just curious :)

al

Guest Jaap

I was busy yesterday! I thought, he'll reach the 100 mark on Sunday. Now I'm opening the forum and your on 104. Damn! Too late. But I'll make it up to you...

• 4 years later...

Well, you think you have a nice, full featured forum going and the there's is guy with too much free time and internet access who want's a chat room... :lol: What's next Al? A pop-up message on your screen whenever there's a new entry? (mmm, not a bad idea actually...) Or an online appointment-book so we can schedule and ride together?

Just kidding... :P A chat room could be an idea, however this forum hasn't got one. But judging by the amount of entries you make you could consider this forum as a chat room! :rolleyes:

Keep posting! You're a "forum-aholic" already. :) When reaching the 100 posts mark, you're in for a treat! I'll make a poll on how to gratulate you!

Jaap, just to say thanks for running this great forum Guzzi should be paying you! I will send u a donation soon as the wife isnt looking! A chat room would be a great idea though,maybe some sort of link to a msn one would suffice? dunnoo....??

But it would be the perfect compliment to a certain "what time is it" thread. :sun:

ye it would. just sometimes u see othr folks browsin site an it would be good to b able to chat.

Maybe we shld all exchange msn addies and be on everyones friends list?

mines,rossoandy@hotmail.com-------msn & yahoo screename 'rossoandy'

:drink:

An on site chatbox is a waste of time. Like Andy suggested, take the time to fill out the MSN, ICQ stuff in your profile and Bob's your uncle! If you click "Card" under an avatar you can find the members details. There you can also see if he's online.