V11 with LM1 fairing?

Guest drknow

Guest drknow

Anyone out there seen a V11 with an LM1 fairing? I'm thinking it might look cool with the cafe direction I want to go with my scura, but would like to see a photo or something. Imagine pod air filters, no hugger, undertail cleaned up, Bubs, and the LM1 fairing. Looking for the retro/modern cafe thing. If not, gotta go with the V-Rod headlight and no fairing...

dk

Awesome, it does look good! Hey, what mounting kit did you use or fabricate?

dk

Kit comes with everything you need -- and lots of hardware you don't. To do the mounts I removed the headlight, fitted the steel "ears" where I wanted them and epoxyed it in place. The next morning it was ready to go. Airflow tested at 100+

DW

http://www.omarsdtr.com/fairings.html

Anyone out there seen a V11 with an LM1 fairing? I'm thinking it might look cool with the cafe direction I want to go with my scura, but would like to see a photo or something. Imagine pod air filters, no hugger, undertail cleaned up, Bubs, and the LM1 fairing. Looking for the retro/modern cafe thing. If not, gotta go with the V-Rod headlight and no fairing...

dk

58167[/snapback]

You mean like this: v11rot19.jpg , This has been around for years, the stock LM1 fairing will not fit with out major work. Been there, done that.

Mike

Guest drknow

Mike, what was the major work you had to do? Is the one in the picture stock, as I can see the bottom has been modified...

dk

Original LM 1 fairing won't fit! Fairing on the picture is an item specially made for the V11 by German Guzzi dealer Inteam. Last year I ordered one. It never arrived. They aren't Guzzi dealers anymore and I have yet to see a refund... <_ so much for jerry...>

• 2 years later...

I found this LM1 styled fairing from Sprint Manufacturing in England.

http://www.sprintmanufacturing.co.uk/brochure.htm

It's made for a 1994 Triumph Speed Triple. The guy from Sprint had no idea if it would fit a V11, but I took a chance. After a little bit of tweaking, it's a very good fit.

LM1fairing.jpg

LM1fairing2.jpg

That looks great !!! :mg:

That looks great !!! :mg:

Thanks! It came in black, and I had it mounted that way for a week, but decided to get it painted silver to make it look more like a stock part of the bike. I'm really stoked on how it turned out.

• 7 months later...
Thanks! It came in black, and I had it mounted that way for a week, but decided to get it painted silver to make it look more like a stock part of the bike. I'm really stoked on how it turned out.
Thats exactly the look that I,ve been after for my silver V11. It's going off the road in the coming winter for a new coat of paint so I think I'll invest in the same fairing from Sprint. Was any major work needed in order to fit the fairing as I noticed it's actually intended for a Triumph? Any info would be appreciated,that's a sweet looking Guzzi you've got I wouldn't change a thing on it. :thumbsup: