Scura register

macguzzi

I want to set up a register of Mk1 and Mk11 Scuras all you need to do is supply me with your Scura limited edition number, on the triple tree, and what country you live in. You can email me the information at macguzzi98@yahoo.com, this information will be held privately and will only be open to Scura owners. It is only so we know where these limited edition bikes ended up and how many where. Lets be honest how many are left! As you will see from my profile I am a Guzzi Nut and own a small collection of sports bikes, a 1972 V7 sport, 1975 S3, 1976 Le Mans Mk1. Lets get it together cause Guzzi won't!

Mine's #688. I'm from Italy,Feltre (BL) :helmet:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest motoman05

please excuse my ignorance but what is a scura? Is it similar to the cafe sport? Is the cafe sport limited edition as well? cheers , steve

please excuse my ignorance but what is a scura? Is it similar to the cafe sport? Is the cafe sport limited edition as well? cheers , steve

Gallery picture

2002 model

long frame but chin pad tank (an extra inch after the headstock compared to earlier models(i could be wrong) )

Matt black tank, bikini fairing; front half mudguard and seat cowl

Grey seat; side covers and rear half mudguard

But the important parts - Ohlins suspension and a single plate clutch and lightened flywheel.

The fly wheel allows a quicker spin up of the engine but has proved problematic. There have been failures with cracks coming out of the mounting bolth holes. Some have come apart and taken the engine case with them. Despite two earlier models the Rosso Mandelo and Tenni also having single plate clutches, I'm not sure if they have the lightened flywheel - but they've not reported failures.

[Darth Vader]Welcome to the Dark Side[/Darth Vader] darksmiley.gif

Similar to the Cafe Sport bar single plate clutch/flywheel and type of mounting for the fairing. The Scura was suposed to be limited edition of 600 though there are more. All V11 are limited editiond - just the nature of the beast :mg: