Adding lights to V11 Ballabio

Guest Britcheflee

Guest Britcheflee

Are there any threads here about adding lighting (small spots) to V11 Ballabio?

Is there a spare fuse or location to tap into - thinking of getting very small spots (more to be more noticable on the road than lighting at night) - would like to know if this can be done fairly easily.

Lee

An easier solution may be just to upgrade your headlight bulb- I recently did this with the Jackal and it has transformed lighting at night.

The charging system copes with it fine.

I used a 100/80watt bulb which it technically illegal but you can now see at night which is nice!

Will do my V11 too as soon as the current bulb blows.

Guy :helmet:

An easier solution may be just to upgrade your headlight bulb- I recently did this with the Jackal and it has transformed lighting at night.

The charging system copes with it fine.

I used a 100/80watt bulb which it technically illegal but you can now see at night which is nice!

Will do my V11 too as soon as the current bulb blows.

Guy  :helmet:

59047[/snapback]

I am surprised to read this; these high-wattage bulbs are known for melting wiring harnesses is bikes that aren't already well-known for having electrical gremlins!

I still haven't figured out why nobody produces an 80/65w bulb, which would be noticeably brighter than a stock one w/o producing so much more current demands that it requires stringin' new wire, but whatever!

:huh2:

Yes the Jackal runs fine with the higher output bulb- and I used to have the lights on most of the time. I have recently sold the Jackal to my stepfather and my Mum is now riding pillion on it- she is 58 and calls herself a biker babe!

I think the charging systems on modern Guzzis are ok- I run heated grips on my V11 with no issues at all.

Guy :helmet:

I just rewired the headlight directly to the battery with appropriate relays, and the stock bulb miraculously was plenty bright enough :luigi:

:sun:

There are a couple loose power leads here and there, but most are underpowered for lights or have not been clearly identified as a good/reliable power source. One is the lead one might find on a few bikes for the old electric petcock, and there is a pair of loose bullet connectors up under the rear tail-piece near the tail-light that might be useful.

But for lighting, well anything really, I'd just use one of these sourced(if switched power) to control a relay to power these items directly from the battery. This is what I did for louder horns, headlight, and heated grips.

al